Tuesday, October 8, 2013

NATURE NOTES

I am linking with Michelle's Nature Notes which you will find here.  Thank you for hosting this lovely meme Michelle.  










 I spotted this lizard while sitting outside one of the visitor centers at the Grand Canyon drinking a cup of coffee.   We had already seen all those marvelous sights and this little chap decided I should see one more, him!  He lay on the rock for the length of time it took for me to drink my coffee, and when I got up and left so did he.  He had a lovely band of bluish green under his chin and a streak of the same color on his underside.  

I saw a lot of lizards in Arizona.  We have them here but they don't hang around long enough to get a photo.  These lizards enjoyed sunning themselves on rocks and didn't mind people being around too much.  I guess in such a popular spot they are used to them.

24 comments:

Arija said...

A lovely companion to share your coffee break Denise. I really like his bluish highlights.

Elephant's Child said...

Love his 'speed stripe'.

Cezar and Léia said...

wow a huge lizard! :) Great pictures dear Denise, you have clever eyes!
Léia

Mascha said...

Lovely! I like lizards...
Have great days in Germany :-)

eileeninmd said...

Cute lizard and great photos, Denise! Have a happy day!

Valerie said...

Good camera work, Denise. I used to be fascinated by the lizards in Italy. I wonder why we're attracted to some creatures and not others. Hmmm!

Indrani said...

Quite alert, it seems to aware of your presence. Great captures.

(Diane) Bibliophile By the Sea said...

For creepy critters they are also quite charming to me.

TexWisGirl said...

he is really, really CUTE!

Adam said...

cute little lizard

schmidleysscribblins.com said...

Don't you wonder when a creature hangs around long enough for a photo if he is an old sou come to calll?

fredamans said...

I love lizards! Used to have an iguana, a skink and 4 anols.

Linda said...

I love lizards. Great photos, Denise.

Betsy Adams said...

Hi Denise, Great photos of the lizard... He is posing for you --and probably is glad that you are taking his picture....

Hugs,
Betsy

Our photos said...

Beautiful are the photos!
Greetings, RW & SK

diane b said...

I like his green necktie.

Debbie said...

looks like a big one, nice detail in these close-ups!!

i like any animal that will sit still for pictures ;)

Kathie Brown said...

Denise, what a handsome fellow? (or female, I'm not sure!) I bet you are so glad you made that trip when you did!

Willow said...

He is a lovely fellow !

Carver said...

Wonderful shots of the lizards. I hope you're having great fun during your travels.

Country Gal said...

Fantastic photos !

Mary said...

Such a beautiful lizard! Great photos!

Donna@Gardens Eye View said...

The Grand Canyon is one of my top 5 places in the world to visit...actually the whole area from Sedona to the Grand Canyon are spectacular.

Rambling Woods said...

I would love to visit there so much. I love this lizard with the touch of blue on his or her throat.. Lovely.. thank you for linking in Denise.. Michelle