Friday, October 4, 2013

CAMERA CRITTERS

A couple of months ago we were picking our son and daughter-in-law up from Baltimore Washington International Airport and we walked by this interesting sculpture.  As always is the case, it is much more impressive in person, but as I have taken no animal shots this week, I thought I could share it for my Camera Critters post.

As read on line: "Callinectes Douglassi" is a giant stained glass sculpture of a Chesapeake Blue Crab.  It is 10 foot wide, weighs 500 lbs and was created back in 1984 by artist Jackie Leatherbury Douglass in collaboration with her husband John Douglass.  There is an article written about it here if you would like to learn more.

~~~~~~

Thank you Misty for hosting one of my favorite memes, and please click here to visit other interesting critters from all over the world.

Camera Critters