Tuesday, October 29, 2013

A food post - Crockpot Chicken Teriyaki

This is a dish I made ages ago but never shared. 

I grabbed it off Pinterest but I forgot to look who pinned it.  When I tried to follow the link to the recipe site it didn't go anywhere, so I don't have any identification.  It had no instruction, other than one line below the ingredients list.


Crockpot Chicken Teriyaki

1 lb. chicken, sliced, cubed or however you like it
1 cup chicken broth
1/2 cup teriyaki or soy sauce
1/3 cup brown sugar
3 minced garlic cloves

Add everything to the Crockpot and cooked on low for 8 hours.


~~~~~~~

I made our dish a couple of months ago but after trying it the first time, felt it needed something. When I made it again I added three ribs of sliced celery, 4 sliced green onions and a small packet of dried Shitaki mushrooms.  I doubled the ingredients as I thought this would be a good meal to freeze any leftovers.  Gregg also wanted more liquid for the rice and I added extra chicken broth.



No comments: