Saturday, September 7, 2013

TODAY'S FLOWERS #263

The link to Today's Flowers on the home page opens at 12.15 a.m. every Saturday, Eastern Time (US).  The old link will close the previous Thursday at 11.30 P.M.

To see beautiful blooms from around the world you can click here.


The link to Today's Flowers on the home page opens at 12.15 a.m. every Saturday, Eastern Time (US).  The old link will close the previous Thursday at 11.30 P.M.

To see beautiful blooms from around the world you can click here.

~~~~~~~~

Over the next two months we have a lot of activities planned with family and friends.  Gregg and I are also presently on a month-long road trip visiting many parts of the U.S.  When we get back home we will be having friends visiting from England, and we need to spend time with them.  I will post my Today's Flower's on our home page ahead of time, and also on my blog here through to the end of October, visiting blogging friends when I can.


With this in mind I won't have the time to put together the usual list of last week's participants but will resume once life starts settling down again.  Thank you for your patience and continued support of Today's Flowers.  I think you are all wonderful for sharing your many beautiful flowers from around the world.  It is a real pleasure to be a part of this meme.





Wishing you all a wonderful summer.





(This message will be repeated every week)


~~~~~~



I liked this little flower that I saw at the Norfolk Botanical Garden.  Does anyone know what it is?















~~~~~~~

Today's Flowers was created by our good friend Luiz Santilli, Jr.




TF teamPupo - Sandy Carlson - Denise


If anyone would like to be a guest and share photos on our home page, details can be found at the top of Today's Flowers web site, which you will find here.


                     
As time allows I will be linking up with the following blogs.

Tina's Weekend Flowers which you can find here,

   

Mona's Floral Love here,

   Floral Love

and also Laura's I Heart Macro here.

Shine the Divine

22 comments:

Linda said...

Hi Denise, I don't know what it is...but it is beautiful, and I don't recall having seen it, either. Thank you so much for sharing this!

Kay said...

We have those flowers in Hawaii. They are usually purple and we called them Bozo Bozo. I think they just call it Bozo now and they make leis with them.

Elephant's Child said...

That is a very pretty plant - and I don't know it at all.

Carole M. said...

very pretty flower photos

Valerie said...

Sorry, Denise, I can't help with naming the flower. It is lovely, though.

Mary said...

Lovely flower and wonderful photos! I posted them also some weeks ago, but nobody could tell me the name!
Have a great weekend!

Adam said...

pretty plant

grammie g said...

Hi Denise... I believe the flower is a plant I used to grow in my garden!! I think it may be Strawberry Field Gomphrena which came in white,and purple too!! I used to make dry flower arrangements!!
It is a real interesting plant!!

Enjoy the rest of your trip and you visitors for England!!

Grace

PS thanks..yes I do feel better, but still some pain in my upper back!!

TexWisGirl said...

really pretty - looks almost like a red clover type.

Debbie said...

soooo pretty, sparkling like diamonds!! love that color!!

Carver said...

Very interesting and beautiful flower.

Margaret Adamson said...

Hi Denise I have never seen this red flowers before but you have captured it beautifully.

Xavi said...

Hi Denise,
The name of this plant is Gomphrena globosa commonly known as Globe Amaranth.
I am following your trip carefully!!
Happy return at home!

Xavi

sandyland said...

lovely miss your visits

Shaun Gibbs said...

Those are some very pretty photos. Excellently taken and lovely vivid colours

Minoru Saito said...

Hi! Nice captures. This flower looks like a red clover.
http://www.hana300.com/akatum1.html
Thanks for sharing.

Indrani said...

I am not sure of the name, but i have seen the deep pink variety here.

lotusleaf said...

Globe Amaranth of this colour is unusual. The purple ones are common here.

Mimsie said...

That is a very pretty flower but it's a new one on me so can't help with a name for it.

My Unfinished Life said...

beautiful shots a of a pretty flower!!

http://www.myunfinishedlife.com

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

We think you're wonderful for hosting this meme! Thank you. (I almost never know the names of flowers, but yours is beautiful...it looks tropical).

lina@women said...

Lovely shots,Denise.