Monday, September 30, 2013

Off to Germany

Chapter Three is about to begin.  Gregg and I are off to Germany in a couple of hours so that we can attend our niece's wedding.  We will be celebrating with her and the rest of our family for two weeks in the Black Forest.  


Gregg took this photo of me in Williamsburg, Virginia, last Tuesday.  It reminds me of the Cheshire Cat happy to be in conversation with a rather handsome statue of Thomas Jefferson. Our English friends were doing a little souvenir shopping in a store behind us.   We also attended father-in-law's last WWII shipmates reunion.  After having them for the last 40 years it was decided last year that this would be the final one.  A very sweet ending to a very special gathering of friends who had become like family.  

Yesterday we said goodbye to everyone and traveled north so that we could drop our English friends off at the airport.  They will be home now.  We had a great time with them, with all, lots of stories, laughter and comradeship.  I haven't had time to do any of the photos but will post more when we get back from Germany.

My visits may be nonexistent for a while but in the meantime I have scheduled posts to appear regularly, which I hope you will visit and enjoy.   I'll be back in a few weeks.

28 comments:

  1. I always enjoy your post about your busy like. Have a great trip.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great that you and Gregg are able to be taking and enjoying such wonderful back-to-back travels, Denise. Enjoyed the previous travel posts and hope your overseas travels are just as photographically wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wishing you safe travels my friend :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. HI Have a wonderful time in Germany and enjoy family and friend at the wedding.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you have a wonderful time at the wedding....in the Black Forest how special !!
    Looks like you have been as busy as me, but it's all worth it :)
    Safe journey my sweet friend.
    ~Jo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now that we're home from our 10 day vacation, you are leaving!!!!! ha... Hope you have a fabulous time in Germany.. WOW--what a great time you will have.

    By the way, we were in Williamsburg last week.

    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  7. safe travels and happy family time!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good grief! Please don't worry about comments. I know what it's like when we're on trips. Have a fabulous time in Germany. We've never been there. I'll be looking forward to seeing the photos.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Can't wait to see your pics, D



    Aloha

    ReplyDelete
  10. Busy, busy, busy.
    Have a heap of fun (and I know you will).

    ReplyDelete
  11. Pretty photo! Have a fun and safe trip, Denise!

    ReplyDelete
  12. nice photo of you Denise and have a great time in Germany. I have a longish German surname, my late husband's sister, lives in Peulendorf.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hope you all have a grand time overseas.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Denise, great photo. You have a lovely smile and I really like your pink sweater! Enjoy your time!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Have a safe trip and I hope it is an enjoyable one! AND, you share some pictures :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. How exciting for you. A wedding, family and an o/s trip. Have fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. You are really the "travelers" Denise - have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  18. oh Denise, you are gorgeous!Enjoy your trip and take lots of pictures!
    hugs
    Léia

    ReplyDelete
  19. You will be missed, but do enjoy your trip.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Lovely photo.
    Bon voyage !
    Have fun !!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hope you enjoyed the Black Forrest. I was there last Fall, went to a cuckoo clock shop and ate (what else---black forest cake in the Black Forest!!! Don't get that opportunity very often.... Enjoy your trip!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Looking forward to the photographs you will share upon your return from Germany!

    ReplyDelete
  23. How did I miss this one? Nice shot of you with TJ. You look so sweet in pink. Dianne

    ReplyDelete