Friday, September 27, 2013

CAMERA CRITTERS

I forgot to share these when I took them back in May.  


Dragonflies haven't changed much over millions of years.  Experts have found dragonfly fossils that are over 300 million years old. 


Quote by Paulette Morin
"Did you know that at the time of the dinosaurs, insects could grow to be huge?  Some dragonflies could be as big as a hawk."

~~~~~~

Thank you Misty for hosting one of my favorite memes, and please click here to visit other interesting critters from all over the world.

Camera Critters

13 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

they are wonderful little creatures. :)

eileeninmd said...

Pretty captures, love the dragonflies. Neat quote, Denise! Have a happy weekend!

Willow said...

Great photos and educational too ` I am hiding though if I see a dragonfly as big as a hawk !!!

EG CameraGirl said...

I didn't realize dragonflies went so back i time! Very interesting!

Elephant's Child said...

A dragon fly as big as a hawk would be enchanting. Not so sure about wasps and hornets though...

Linda said...

Lovely dragonfly photos, Denise.

Daniel LaFrance said...

Yup... they haven't changed much... except in size. *wink*

Btw... they have goofy large eyes too! *wink+wink*

Kay said...

I don't know how you get those gorgeous insects and birds to sit, hover, stand still for you. I can't even get plants to sit still for me.

Adam said...

great capture

Mary said...

Wonderful! Great photos!

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

Delicate wings and wonderful how you caught them.

Gunilla Bäck said...

Beautiful shots!

Sweepy said...

Woof, what a beautiful creature! And I love your flowers because Keeper does not have time to take pictures of them anymore ;-(