Monday, September 2, 2013

Afoot and light-hearted I take to the open road!


"Afoot and light-hearted I take to the open road.
Healthy, free, the world before me.
The long brown path before me leading me wherever I choose.
Henceforth, I ask not good fortune, I myself am good fortune.
Henceforth, I whimper no more, postpone no more, need nothing."

~Walt Whitman~
from "Songs for the Open Road: Poems of Travel and Adventure"

~~~~~~

I didn't have much time to write a post today and so I thought I would share a photo Gregg took of a mural inside a restaurant we visited in Boulder, Colorado a few days ago.  It seemed appropriate, especially as I saw the two figures making their way up the road.  I also found a few lines from a Walt Whitman poem.

We left the Grand Teton Mountains this morning and are heading for Glacier National Park.