Monday, August 12, 2013

Thought I should tell you more about the new tripod.....

and I am again thanking Debbie from "It's All About Purple" (link here), for telling me about it when I asked.  I have always enjoyed Debbie's photos with her hubby and wanted to take more of us when we were out and about.  Our old tried and true tripod has served us well but we broke one leg years ago.  It works but with difficulty and less extension, and besides that, it is a big old heavy clunker to carry around.   The one Debbie recommended was much lighter and easy to pop in the car to take out whenever needed.  It also fits into my small backpack.

This is a photo of the box the Tripod came in.  It is listed as a Tamrac Zipshot Tripod - springs open in seconds.  


Notice Gregg's new retirement office?




Gregg is always a good sport and said "Sure, put the photo on your blog!"  So here is Gregg in his new retirement office.  He is actually working, reading up on Y chromosomes on his IPhone.  My friends tell me Gregg is in his vacation/holiday stage and that will change.  I told him what they said and his answer was a smile and a 'Could be awhile!". 


I bought this tripod on Amazon.  I tried to find it at several regular stores and they didn't have it, just the more expensive clunky ones that we were trying to avoid.  You can go here for details.  

This is what it looks like before being extended.  It's probably not as neat as it came out of the box but put it down to my impatience of taking the photo.  If it was a bird, or a butterfly, no problem, I'd be chasing them around for hours!


There are very easy cords you pull around and thread into the notch, similar to when you would furl your umbrella, reversing the process of course to extend the legs.



When you take the cords off, the tripod legs spring open automatically and voila, you have your tripod ready to go.


It is easy enough to fold them again.   Easy-peasy, and  we are very happy with it.   Thanks again Debbie :)

31 comments:

  1. Looks pretty useful Denise, the tripod, not Gregg.(;))

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI Denise Looks good. Is it stable enough? Can I ask you, have you changed your text size to a smaller one because I find it extremely difficult to read in fact I had to get out a magnifying glass and it is a bit frustating.

    ReplyDelete
  3. good bloggers and photogs sharing ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great picture. Even his shoes are photogenic. Lol. I am afraid of buying a tripod because it might blow down in the wind and break my camera.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome ! Glad you are happy with your new toy hehe ! Papa and I have a few different types of tripods but seldom use them lol ! Oh look at Gregg relaxing in his retirement good on ya mate me to hehe , isn't it wonderful all though I had to retire very very early health reasons , but enough of that malarkey lol I just with Papa could retire but he still has a few more years to go ok 20 more years lol don't tell him I said that lol ! Looking forward to more great photos with or without using your tripod he he ! Thanks for sharing ! Have a great day !

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so cool, Denise!!! It sounds very useful, as well, for people like myself who have osteoarthritis. Sometimes the simplest tasks can be so difficult when it flares up. Thanks so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I always been meaning to get a tripod. Makes things much easies.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the tip about your tripod. We've been looking for a good tripod for Betsy, and I think this will fit the bill. Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Denise... A good set up, and it does seem nice to have...me I don't use one so I don't no much about any of them!!
    Gregg looks like he is getting right into this retirement stuff!! ; )
    Grace

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have a tripod with only one leg its called a monopod and I love it I intend on using it if we ever get to the reserve locally this week I have a great big spotting scope I want to try out.. Gregg cuts a good pose and if you look hard you can even make out he is working or is that my imagination???

    ReplyDelete
  11. hehehe....i laughed so loud at roy's comment, some peeps are so clever!!

    you are so kind denise and i really am so glad you are enjoying it. we just love ours!!

    love the alpaca header picture. i will go back through your posts to see what i have missed!!

    and your very welcome!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Probably I should try one...but my camera fits into my tiny purse...I'm so lazy!

    ReplyDelete
  13. How ironic... George and I just looked at this tripod on Amazon TODAY (before seeing your blog post). I'm thinking about getting it for ME since it's so light......

    Hope you enjoy yours... Keep me posted if you don't like it.

    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  14. Does Gregg do retirement lessons? I'll send Chris his way when Chris retires.
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Looks very handy! Thanks for sharing your great find.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks for sharing this tripod. I just went to Amazon and put it on my wish list. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Darn! I don't need a tripod, but I want this one! It looks so great and convenient! It's probably great for travel too.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Very useful review:-) thanks.


    Enjoy Greg!


    Aloha

    ReplyDelete
  19. that does sound like a quick fix

    ReplyDelete
  20. I think Gregg deserves a little R&R after working all these years. Your tripod sounds nice, now I will be wanting one too. Thanks for sharing, Denise!

    ReplyDelete
  21. You sent me this info earlier, Debbie, but it was very handy to see the visuals on this handy gadget. It seems to support you DSLR quite easily too.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Forgot to add that Gregg's "office" looks very comfy...good for him!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Nice tripod and looks very handy.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I was also going to post about a new tripod but I'm waiting to get better pictures. This looks easy to set up!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Wow! sounds great! I never have time for tripods though. always on the go!

    ReplyDelete
  26. It looks great, thanks for your review dear Denise. I don't have tripod, maybe I should buy one!
    I love your pictures!So nice to see you and Gregg enjoying photography together!
    hugs
    Léia

    ReplyDelete
  27. That's a nice-looking tripod! It always helps when something isn't heavy and bulky. Reminded me of a grandaddy longlegs on the box. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  28. I wondered about a tripod for fixing the camera in a certain spot but hubby said it would block the view from the window. He is right, of course. Looks like I'll have to do without but I know where to go if he changes his mind. God bless Amazon, the only place I can get anything lately.

    I smiled at Margaret's comment because I always have to reduce the size of text on your blog... pressing control while rolling the mouse wheel changes the size, either up or down.

    ReplyDelete
  29. My daughter has one of those new lightweight tripods and find it very useful and easy to use.
    MOH has one that folds and is light but uses his camera so infrequently these days I doubt it has actually seen the light of day for many years.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Thanks for sharing, Denise!

    Xavi

    ReplyDelete