Monday, July 1, 2013

The Bethesda Summer Music Festival


Above is a photo of our daughter-in-law singing a piece called "No One Is Alone" from "Cinderella".  She and a group of other very talented young people put on a wonderful performance at The Bethesda Presbyterian Church which we attended last Saturday.  It was a compilation of operatic pieces, which each person sang beautifully.

Gregg took this photo.  I would have taken a lot more of her and the rest of the cast but was hesitant at disturbing the performance, even with sneaky cell phone shots.  However, you can see everyone if you click here and there is also a link to a video.

We met a very nice lady afterwards and as they were asking for support in getting the word out for the next performance this coming weekend, I asked if I could put this on my blog.  She said that would be great so here I am letting you know that there will be another opportunity to listen to these wonderful performers this coming weekend.  If you are in the area please consider attending.  You will not be disappointed.  They are outstanding, so professional!

"Into the Woods" - July 5th at 7.30 p.m., July 6th at 2.30 p.m.
Le nozze di Figaro - July 6th at 7.30 p.m., July 7th at 7.30 p.m.
The Bethesda Presbyterian Church
7611 Clarendon Road, Bethesda, MD

You can read all about it on Marlyn's blog which is called "Strategic Shopping Network".  Marlyn's daughter is also performing.  Click here to take a look to see the photos from this weekend.  It's a great blog and full of interesting information that you will enjoy browsing through.

16 comments:

  1. You must be very proud of her. I checked out the other sites . They sure do look professional. Lucky you to be in the audience.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I were there so I could see the performance.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful concert that must have been. Since I was a voice major (many moons ago)---I participated in concerts like that many times... What a great church music program... Fabulous!

    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds wonderful. Do enjoy!


    ALOHA from Honolulu
    Comfort Spiral
    ~ > < } } ( ° > <3
    > < } } ( ° >

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi I watched the video adn I have eto say they all sounded very professional. You must have been very proud. Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  6. They are very professional. It must have been great to watch and listen to.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My ten year old daughter is currently very "into" theater. She wants to set up a community theater in our area. We shall see ...

    This looks like a great show.

    ReplyDelete
  8. How exciting to have a performer in your family! I love these local theaters. They are surprisingly dazzling and very entertaining.

    ReplyDelete
  9. How nice! And it is always nice to see family in the audience.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds like a nice fine arts series

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats on your daughter-in-laws performances, music is the best medicine for any occasion! : )

    ReplyDelete
  12. How proud you must be to hear her sing! If I am in the area I would attend ;-)

    Now I'm off to check your links.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your story - thanks for your kind words about me and my blog. I hope to see you again this weekend.

    Marlyn

    ReplyDelete
  14. It is nice to have someone so talented in the family!

    ReplyDelete