Wednesday, July 3, 2013

A few photos taken in Bethesda

Last Saturday we arrived early for our daughter-in-law's performance in the Bethesda Music Festival  and had time to kill, so the three of us decided to eat dinner early and not wait until later that evening.  We also enjoyed a nice walk around Bethesda Row.  This is me with our son Brad.  Gregg took the photo with his cell phone.  All the photos in this post were taken with either his or my cell phone.


There were lots of planters full of flowers......


which I found myself taking photos of.  No surprise there!


I saw this great mural on the wall down an alley leading behind some of the shops.


Gregg and Brad in the shadows on the right.


The heat was slowly going out of the day and it was time to make our way to the Presbyterian Church where the performance was being held.  The streets were lined with pretty houses.....


and this is where we discovered the local wildlife.  One time I wished I had our other camera with the zoom lens.  He was a cute little cottontail.  We did not go near him but the very act of walking along the pathway was enough to cause him to scurry off to a safer spot.


The church was pretty, the chapel had beautiful stained-glass windows but I have no photos of those.  They wouldn't have done justice to them anyhow.  With some things you just have to see with your own eyes.


If you click here you will see a photo of the whole front of the church, which was build in 1926.




We bumped into our daughter-in-law's parents and had a nice chat with them while waiting for everything to start.


 My previous post covers the performance which you can find here. There are more performances this coming weekend.  When it ended we were able to have a chat with our daughter-in-law and said goodnight to our son and her parents.   Outside it was starting to get dark....


and on the way home I took a couple of shots of the freeway traffic.  




I had almost fallen asleep by the time we rolled into our driveway.