Saturday, June 29, 2013

TODAY'S FLOWERS #253

The link to Today's Flowers opens at 12.15 a.m. every Saturday, Eastern Time (US).  The old link will close the previous Thursday at 11.30 P.M.

To see beautiful blooms from around the world you can click here.

~~~~~~

These are photos taken at the Niagara Falls Botanical Garden (Canada).  I don't have the identity of all of them but maybe you will be able to.  Any help as always would be gratefully received.

These blooms were hanging down from a tree.  Added note: 7-1-13 - looking on line for something else I came across several photos of the Kentucky Yellowwood Tree and by comparing the leaves and the blooms, they looked identical.  Cladrastis kentuckea, I hope!  If you disagree please feel free to tell me.

 Chinese Peony - Paeonia
(Japanese Group)
Pride of Blasdell


Golden Columbine (Aquilesia crysantha)
Yellow Queen
Ranunculaceae


I know these I just can't for the life of me think what they are right now.  (Added note: Judy at Lilac Gate thinks these may be False Lupins.  Thanks Judy.  Judy's blog link is here)


Mountain Bluet (Centaurea montana)  Compositae - Cent. Europe





~~~~~~

(The following message will be repeated every week.)

I wish to show my appreciation for all the participants in the previous week's Today's Flowers Meme, by sharing their links here.  I always try hard not to make any mistakes but please let me know if there are any, the same if I have missed anyone.  I do make the occasional mistake and I have already been made aware of one or two.  Believe me, I appreciate it as I like to get things correct.  The links are in the order they were received on the home page.  Consequently, this list won't be alphabetical.  Clicking on the names will take you to their blogs.


With my thanks to last week's participants who were:

Hood Photography

Randi at Bland Rosor & Tistlar

Rajesh at My India

Squirrel Queen at The Road to Here

Bernie at Bush Bernie's Blog

Xavi at Jardins-Parcs-Paisatges-Muntanyes-Ciutats

Enerhagen

Meta at Blommor och sant i foto

Liz at Mommy's Little Corner

The Modern Mom

Vilt Og Vakkert

Arija at Garden Delights

Gronn fryd hos Monique 

Carver at Carver's Sight or is that Site?

Charlene from My Nature Photography

Nature Footstep

Pupo at Ipsis Flowers

Mary at Things I Love and Thrifted

Teregram

Karin's Fototraum

Karen at Pixel Posts

Birgitta at Birgitta B: welcome to my world of photoraphy

Pret-a-Vivre

Judy at Lilac Gate

Maboe

Sara at Love That Image

Mary in Austria

Foto Gunsside

Shiju Sugunan at Cranium Bolts

Laura at Shine the Divine

Jama at Sweet Memories

Anne at Stuff and Nonsense

Jana at Jana's Photo Journal

Lotusleaf at Garden Tropics

Deja Photo

Rollercoaster Mum

Tawny Moon Studio

R. H. West: Photography, Art and Inspiration

Trini Garden

Misty at My Dogs Keep Me Sane

Passion for Nature

Teregram

Miriam Luiza at Abrindo a Coracao

Shell Louise

Magnus Karlsson

Tina's PicStory

Molly's Daily Kiss

Jungle of my life

Tammy at My Flower Journal

Pat's Addition

Doug at 2013 Doug Photo Blog

Dancing Aspens Farm Blog

~~~~~~

Today's Flowers was created by our good friend Luiz Santilli, Jr.




TF teamPupo - Sandy Carlson - Denise


If anyone would like to be a guest and share photos on our home page, details can be found at the top of Today's Flowers web site, which you will find here.     

~~~~~~~~                               

I will be linking up with the following blogs.

Tina's Weekend Flowers which you can find here,

   

Mona's Floral Love here,

   Floral Love

and also Laura's I Heart Macro here.

Shine the Divine

33 comments:

  1. Hi! Nice captures. The Chinese peony photo is stunning beautiful. Thank you for hosting.
    Wishing you a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All gorgeous. Thank you. Some year I am going to be able to grow peonies. I swear I am.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely flowers, Denise! Have a happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning....i am a peony fan, but they just don't last very long in the garden.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful flowers from the botanical garden. Happy Weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Denise The peony is fantastic and I also love the last 3 blue shots. Have a great weekend. Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the peony!!! I think the unknown yellow ones might be false lupines, but I am not sure...
    Thanks again for doing all the work and letting us play!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful series of images, Denise!

    Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  9. So beautiful flowers! Fell in love with the second! ;)
    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That mountain bluet is just mesmerizing. I love Asian peonies and this one is very special. Just gorgeous, all of your shots.

    ReplyDelete
  11. wow, these are absolutely beautiful! love your photos! the 2nd to the last flower is my favorite, an amazing beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful flowers, very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely selection, I love this time of year with blooms all around me

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very beautiful..Loved your clicks.. Happy days to u!

    ReplyDelete
  15. The golden columbine is my favourite. The design of the little flower is sp unique.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Denise!
    I love the bluet.
    I am linking this week ;-)
    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  17. what an abundance of beauty Denise! Thanks for sharing the love up-close with I Heart Macro:-)

    ReplyDelete
  18. wildflowers make it look so easy....Squirrel with flowers how fun teach me

    ReplyDelete
  19. Simply spectacular Denise!! Such overwhelming beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow!So delicate and so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  21. My favorite is the peony. What a beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Denise, your flower photos never fail to amaze me. I want you to know I was thinking about you as I tried to get my camera to focus on the flowers in the canyons.

    ReplyDelete
  23. These are so beautiful..I love flower photos, love taking them.

    ReplyDelete
  24. my favorite is the purple one before last ! It's so elegant !

    ReplyDelete