Saturday, June 22, 2013

TODAY'S FLOWERS # 252

The link to Today's Flowers opens at 12.15 a.m. every Saturday, Eastern Time (US).  The old link will close the previous Thursday at 11.30 P.M.

To see beautiful blooms from around the world you can click here.

~~~~~~

These were taken at the Niagara Parks Botanical Gardens.  If you click here it will take you to their home page.

Oriental Poppy - Papavar orientale - 'Curly Locks' - Papaveraceae

Thanks to Arija who identified this peony in my comment section, I now know that this is the Tree Peony - "Paeonia suffruticosa "Yellow".  Thanks Arija!   You can find Arija's blog "Garden Delights" here.

Alliums

~~~~~~

(The following message will be repeated every week.)

I wish to show my appreciation for all the participants in the previous week's Today's Flowers Meme, by sharing their links here.  I always try hard not to make any mistakes but please let me know if there are any, the same if I have missed anyone.  I do make the occasional mistake and I have already been made aware of one or two.  Believe me, I appreciate it as I like to get things correct.  The links are in the order they were received on the home page.  Consequently, this list won't be alphabetical.  Clicking on the names will take you to their blogs.


With my thanks to last week's participants who were:

Hood Photography

Jama at Sweet Memories

Squirrel Queen at The Road to Here

Randi at Bland Rosor & Tistlar

The Modern Mom

Liz at Mommy's Little Corner

Bernie at Bush Bernie's Blog

Xavi at Jardins-Parcs-Paisatges-Muntanyes-Ciutats

Luna Miranda from Live in the Moment

Meta at Blommor och sant i foto

Karin's Fototraum

Daniela at Farebny Svet

Enerhagen

Karen at Australian Native Plants Down Under

Nature Tales And

Charlene from My Nature Photography

Maboe

Nature Footstep

Carver at Carver's Sight or is that Site?

Pupo at Ipsis Flowers

Mary at Everyday Wonders

Pret-a-Vivre

Karen at Pixel Posts

Photo Leo Grapher

Mary in Austria

R. H. West: Photography, Art and Inspiration

Arija at Garden Delights

Shiju Sugunan at Cranium Bolts

Laura at Shine the Divine

Indrani at IShare

Lotusleaf at Garden Tropics

 Kalyan at Silk Route

Tradgards Tankar (Garden shells)

Pixel Minded

Home Garden Diggers

Doug at 2013 Doug Photo Blog

Pat's Addition

Passion for Nature

Copper Diem's Garden

Sandy at Kezzela2

Chris at Vincebene

Michelle at Shell Louise

Derek at A Student Gardener

Teregram


swrobinson at flickr

Miriam Luiza at Abrindo a Coracao

Photos by Jana

~~~~~~

Today's Flowers was created by our good friend Luiz Santilli, Jr.




TF teamPupo - Sandy Carlson - Denise


If anyone would like to be a guest and share photos on our home page, details can be found at the top of Today's Flowers web site, which you will find here.       

~~~~~~~~                               

I am also linking up with Tina's Weekend Flowers which you can find at her blog here,

   

also Mona's Floral Love which you can find here,

   Floral Love

and also Laura's I Heart Macro which you can find here.

Shine the Divine

31 comments:

  1. Thank you for flowers, D :-)


    Aloha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Denise, I have been away from Blogging far too long.
    Revisiting here I have so enjoyed your beautiful flowers and it never fails to surprise me that flowers,all over the world , are the colours that brighten up our often dull world.
    Every shape, every colour, always lifting our spirits.
    I love your blogs.
    J
    J

    ReplyDelete
  3. For some reason I have not (yet) succeeded in growing peonies, but I haven't given up. Allium and poppies are welcome in my garden.
    Gorgeous selection this week - thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! Nice captures. All of your photos are very beautiful.
    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. so very lovely / I do not have a working camera at present so could not take extra pics sorry /

    ReplyDelete
  6. A magnificent Oriental Poppy and the Tree Peony is 'Paeonia suffruticosa "Yellow" '. I have one in a pot.
    Lovely burst of Alliums.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous flowers, Denise! I love the poppies and the alliums are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are gorgeous flowers Denise. Happy Weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. all three photos are just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous flowers! Have a lovely weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I didn't say anything because I wanted THAT to be a surpise! I love happy surpises!!! I wish I gave you a smile!!!
    I'm in the middle of my moving to Greece now. In a few days I'll say goodbye for ever to this beautiful country and I'm very sad! I wish for better days in Greece...
    Hugs and kisses!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. How beautiful! We have been to that park and just love all the wonderful photo ops.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Aren't they all so lovely! I might have to join in on this sometime while the blooms are so photogenic! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, isn't that poppy grand! Lovely flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Some of the species peonies have yellow blossoms - I wonder why all of the cultivated ones are in the pink range...
    And the poppy is beautiful!!! There are not too many of them around here, unfortunately...

    ReplyDelete
  16. Really a great series of flowers. I don't really understand the link sharing on your blog. But I will try to figure it out somehow ;-)

    I posted my own flowers with my daughter on my blog ;-)

    Kind regards from the Netherlands,
    Gert Jan

    ReplyDelete
  17. beautiful denise, i love the alliums!! i have seen them before but never knew their name!!

    have a happy sunday!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love all three, but especially the alliums! Yours is the first poppy I've seen this year as well! Have a grand weekend and enjoy the flowers!

    Visiting from Floral Love's link-up. :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wonderful flowers! Love the poppy!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Fabulous flowers. I especially like the peony. I think I've lost mine this year. Plenty of leaves but no flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful flowers, wonderful colours:) Greetings

    ReplyDelete
  22. Så vackra blommor det finns i världen.Jag blir sååå glad att se dom.
    Ha en fin vecka
    Kram Meta

    ReplyDelete
  23. They are all marvelously beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  24. BEAUTIFUL Red Poppy!!!! Wishin' I had some in my yard.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oh boy...wish I had a yellow peony! And a yellow azalea wouldn't hurt either! On the wish list.

    ReplyDelete
  26. I just love all your flower photos! You really capture the special beauty of each little blossom.

    ReplyDelete