Friday, June 21, 2013

CAMERA CRITTERS and BIRD D'POT

On our last visit we watched the Tree Swallows taking care of their young at Walney Pond.






As you can see this nesting box is secured on a pole which is surrounded by water.  There is another on the other side of the pond.  A safe haven for baby birds.  


~~~~~~~

Thank you Misty for hosting one of my favorite memes, and please click here to visit other interesting critters from all over the world.

Camera Critters


I am linking to Anni's Bird D'Pot which you can find here.


14 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

love the reflection you caught in the last shot! guess when the babies leave, there's no turning back.

i beati said...

I can just watch birds and nature forever

Kay said...

Really great photos.

Country Gal said...

Awesome photos . Thanks for sharing. Happy first day of summer !

eileeninmd said...

Cute shots of the swallows, Denise! They are fun birds to watch. Happy weekend to you!

Lo said...

What a great idea putting the nesting boxes on posts in the pond. I have no pond but I may try putting mine on tall posts instead of hanging them in the trees.
Love your photos.

Susan, a Sometimes Blogger said...

Beautiful... love the baby bird with its mouth open for food.
A great, safe, haven. Lovely pics Denise :D)

diane b said...

Great shots of the swallows in flight. A nice safe place to nest.

Mascha said...

Famous Fotos!
They are hard working...
Greetings
Mascha

Elephant's Child said...

What an excellent idea - and great photos for this wonderful meme. Thank you.

jabblog said...

They are such pretty birds. It's good to know they're safe from many predators.

HOOTIN ANNI said...

Super images...and that last one with the reflection...incredible!

Hootin' Anni [and] Anni @ I'd Rather B Birdin'

Jenny Woolf said...

Lovely photos. I always marvel at how animals and birds know how to care for their young. I don't know why I do marvel but it always seems fresh and new to me.

Gunilla Bäck said...

Awesome shots of the swallows! They're too fast for me.