Tuesday, May 21, 2013

While in Winchester last week.....

and on visiting the Museum of the Shenandoah Valley, I quickly browsed around the gift shop.  I enjoy shops in museums because you can find things in there you don't get to see in other stores.  My find today was a local artist called Charla Hayen.  


I have tried to learn more about her but have been unable to find a web site.  There isn't one on the back of her card and there is no e-mail.  I asked the lady behind the counter and she said that she makes other designs and I saw many of them.  I think I will frame this one.  I will also be going back to the museum when her Christmas Cards go on sale.  I thought I would share this one and tell you how much I love her artwork.  If you are ever in Winchester, check out the museum and the gift shop.  I will be going to back to do more exploring.

16 comments:

A Brit in Tennessee said...

She is indeed a very talented artist, what a beautiful and creative design she paints.
~Jo

TexWisGirl said...

that's really cool.

Country Gal said...

That is pretty , will look good framed ! Thanks for sharing ! Have a good day !

Cloudia said...

Very East Coast Folk Art. Nice discovery



ALOHA from Waikiki
Comfort Spiral
~ > < } } ( ° > <3

Adam said...

I love gift shops in museums too

Betsy Adams said...

She is a great artist. Hope you can find out more about her. Hope you frame that Shenandoah Valley one you found... Beautiful.

Hugs,
Betsy

gigihawaii said...

That piece is indeed beautiful and you were right to buy it.

Elephant's Child said...

Gorgeous. And I also really like the gift shops attached to museums and galleries. Very different cards and gifts. Lovely.

Cezar and Léia said...

Very romantic and creative! :)
Léia

Yogi♪♪♪ said...

Isn't it remarkable to find people who are not on the internet. It makes her special to me. Great find.

Linda said...

Museums and art galleries are good places to find original arty gifts. The music event looks interesting later in the year.

Mama Zen said...

That's lovely!

ZielonaMila said...

It is beautiful:) I am greeting

George said...

I can see why you like this, and I agree that it is worthy of a frame. I hope you can find out more about the artist.

Carole M. said...

this is indeed a delightful card and worthy of framing like you say. Thanks for stopping by my birding blog

eileeninmd said...

I am longing to see Shenandoah. Love the pretty card. Have a great evening, Denise!