Friday, May 17, 2013

TODAY'S FLOWERS # 248 - May 18th, 2013

A new link to Today's Flowers opens 12.15 a.m. every Saturday morning at Eastern Time (US).  This is so that our overseas friends can share earlier if they wish.  The previous week's link will close the night before, on Friday at 5.00 p.m.

To see beautiful blooms from around the world you can click here.

~~~~~~

As in previous weeks my flowers were found at The United States Botanical Garden in Washington DC.  If you go here the link will take you to their home page.  I identify when I can.


The stick planted in the soil read: "Dend., Angel Flower.  5-12-2010"


 Obviously an orchid but I could find no identification.


The marker read: "Dendrobium farmeri - orchid family - Orchidaceae - Himilayas, Burma, Thailand, Malaysia.


A profusion of hydrangeas were in planters everywhere.


~~~~~~

(A message that will be repeated every week.)

I wish to show my appreciation for all the participants in the previous week's Today's Flowers Meme, by sharing their links here.  I always try hard not to make any mistakes but please let me know if there are any, the same if I have missed anyone.  I do make the occasional mistake and I have already been made aware of one or two.  Believe me, I appreciate it as I like to get things correct.  The links are in the order they were received on the home page.  Consequently, this list won't be alphabetical.  Clicking on the names will take you to their blogs.


With my thanks to last week's participants who were:

























                                                                         
~~~~~~

Today's Flowers was created by our good friend Luiz Santilli, Jr.




TF teamPupo - Sandy Carlson - Denise


If anyone would like to be a guest and share photos on our home page, details can be found at the top of Today's Flowers web site, which you will find here.

                                                

I am also linking up with Tina's Weekend Flowers which you can find at her blog here.

   

and also Mona's Floral Love which you can find here.

   Floral Love

18 comments:

  1. Chipmunks and flowers! So cheering, Dear



    ALOHA from Waikiki
    Comfort Spiral
    ~ > < } } ( ° > <3
    > < } } ( ° >
    > < 3 3 3 ( ' >
    ><}}(°> ~

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your header photo!

    All of the flowers are beautiful but my favorites are the orchids.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your flowers are so beautiful ... I love the variety and all the gorgeous colors!! This is my first time visiting here from Floral Love! Have a wonderful weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Denise,
    First of all, that squirrel in your header image is so cute, lovely portrait! :)
    And I'm enchanted by this beautiful set of flowers images, I imagine the delicious and delicate perfume!
    hugs and happy weekend,
    Léia

    ReplyDelete
  5. alwayas add my pics my computer is down

    ReplyDelete
  6. Popping over to admire your flowers and to thank you for joining Floral Love!

    It’s a privilege to get to host this meme ♥

    XO Mona

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi! Very beautiful series of flower photos.
    The orchids photos are very cool.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The orchids are gorgeous and I the flowers in the planter are a great mix of colors.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful exotic orchids -- the yellow and white one is my favorite.

    Fascinated that all those colors of hydrangea are growing together -- I thought the soil was what made them different colors.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have a long way to go to have my orchids looking like that although I managed to repot two and got seven today. Lovely flowers Those glorious hydrangeas remind me that I must plant at least one this year.
    Thank you Denise for keeping this great meek active.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Colorful orchids and hydrangeas. Seeing them makes me happy :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. the white & yellow dendrobium is so pretty--haven't seen this species before. orchids are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I never saw many orchids (or noticed them, anyway) until I moved to New Zealand and now I find them all quite fascinating. Your colors are just lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Orchids for me!
    Lovely shots!

    ReplyDelete
  15. orchids really are amaizing, aren´t they? Always beauties. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Really, really gorgeous, Denise!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I just love the Botanical Gardens. The best place on a cold, rainy Sunday to visit. The most beautiful orchids you'll see anywhere.

    ReplyDelete