Saturday, May 4, 2013

TODAY'S FLOWERS #246

The link to Today's Flowers is open.  We start a new link each Saturday morning at 12.15 a.m. Eastern Time (US).  This is so that our overseas friends can share earlier if they wish.  To see beautiful blooms from around the world you can click here.

~~~~~~

My flowers today were found at The United States Botanical Garden in Washington DC.  If you go here the link will take you to their home page.


In the National Garden there were large planters full of marvelous flowers.  I used the above photo for my header so you may already be familiar with it.  These are tulips of course but as there was no marker identifying them, I'm afraid I can't tell you the particular name.




No marker for this one either but perhaps you can identify it for me, that is if I haven't already done so by looking at my book, which I might not have had time to do.  All the flowers in this part of the garden are native to Virginia.




This beautiful flower is "The Wild Columbine - Aquilegia canadensis.  Its blooming time is between April and July and belongs to the Buttercup family.




This beauty is " Ericaceae - Rhododendron canaescens - mountain azazlea - Southeastern USA"



I'm finishing off with another beautiful tulip and again not sure of it's exact name as it wasn't identified.



~~~~~~

(A message that will be repeated every week.)

I wish to show my appreciation for all the participants in the previous week's Today's Flowers Meme, by sharing their links here.  I always try hard not to make any mistakes but please let me know if there are any, the same if I have missed anyone.  I do make the occasional mistake and I have already been made aware of one or two.  Believe me, I appreciate it as I like to get things correct.  The links are in the order they were received on the home page.  Consequently, this list won't be alphabetical.  Clicking on the names will take you to their blogs.


With my thanks to last week's participants who were:










                                                                  




























                                                              
~~~~~~

Today's Flowers was created by our good friend Luiz Santilli, Jr.




TF teamPupo - Sandy Carlson - Denise


If anyone would like to be a guest and share photos on our home page, details can be found at the top of Today's Flowers web site, which you will find here.

                                                

I am also linking up with Tina's Weekend Flowers which you can find at her blog here.

   

and also Mona's Floral Love which you can find here.

   Floral Love