Saturday, May 25, 2013

TODAY'S FLOWERS #248

The link to Today's Flowers opens at 12.15 a.m. every Saturday, Eastern Time (US).  This is so that our overseas friends can share earlier if they wish.  The previous week's link will close the night before, on Friday at 5.00 P.M.

To see beautiful blooms from around the world you can click here.

~~~~~~

As in previous weeks my flowers were found at The United States Botanical Garden in Washington DC.  If you go here the link will take you to their home page.

Well, I guess we all know this is a fern of some kind but I couldn't find a marker so I don't know what type it is.

Hohenbergia stellata - Bromeliad Family - Bromeliacaea  - Venezuela, Trinidad, Brazil

Orange Jessamine - Murraya paniculata - "Lakeview" - Citrus Family - Rutaceae

~~~~~~

(A message that will be repeated every week.)

I wish to show my appreciation for all the participants in the previous week's Today's Flowers Meme, by sharing their links here.  I always try hard not to make any mistakes but please let me know if there are any, the same if I have missed anyone.  I do make the occasional mistake and I have already been made aware of one or two.  Believe me, I appreciate it as I like to get things correct.  The links are in the order they were received on the home page.  Consequently, this list won't be alphabetical.  Clicking on the names will take you to their blogs.


With my thanks to last week's participants who were:

Sarah at Hood Photography

Bernie at Bush Bernie's Blog

Randi at Bland Rosor & Tistlar

Minoru's Photo Diary

Squirrel Queen at The Road to Here

Artistique

Birgitta at Birgitta B: welcome to my world of photoraphy

Unn at Tins Rose

Xavi at Jardins-Parcs-Paisatges-Muntanyes-Ciutats

Mumsy at Raw Thoughts and Feelings

Aud from Aud pa Dal

Arija at Garden Delights

Vilt Og Vakkert

Maboe

Carver at Carver's Sight or is that Site?

Jama at Sweet Memories

Pupo at Ipsis Flowers

Gracie at Tripp's Trivia

Poetic Shutterbug

Lina at Women's Perspectives

Mona's Picturesque

Grace Olsson Fotograf

R. H. West: Photography, Art and Inspiration

Tawny Moon Studio

Shirley from Sweet Notions

Indrani at IShare

Luna Miranda from Live in the Moment

Stuff and Nonsense

msdewberry at Dew Drops

Elin at I hagen ved skauen

Charlene from My Nature Photography

Bettyl from Photographing New Zealand

Alexa from The Road is Mine

Doug at 2013 Doug Photo Blog

Nature Footstep

Shirley at Deep Canyon

Cheryl Ann at Deserts and Beyond

Miriam Luiza at Abrindo a Coracao

Up North With Mel

Tina's PicStory

Liz at Mommy's Little Corner

Copper Diem's Garden

Sandy from Writing in Faith

Ecobirder

Sara at Love That Image

Sandy at Kezzela2

Derek at A Student Gardener

Pat's Addition

Foto Gunsside

Gillena at Lunch Break

Karin's Fototraum

Pret-a-Vivre
                                                                         
~~~~~~

Today's Flowers was created by our good friend Luiz Santilli, Jr.




TF teamPupo - Sandy Carlson - Denise


If anyone would like to be a guest and share photos on our home page, details can be found at the top of Today's Flowers web site, which you will find here.

                                                

I am also linking up with Tina's Weekend Flowers which you can find at her blog here.

   

and also Mona's Floral Love which you can find here.

   Floral Love

34 comments:

  1. Beautiful flowers. But, I love that first shot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a gorgeous meme. I love it - thank you. And I agree with Rajesh - that is a stunning photo of the fern.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The flowers are beautiful but I love your perspective on the fern.
    Happy Memorial Day Weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. the fern photo is awesome! the red flower is beautiful and unusual. have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A great shot of the fern from that angle, Denise. Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello
    the red flower is amazing !
    Bye Myriam :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. vackra bilder, jag gillade ormbunken est. ser ut som en vas.
    Ha en fin lördag
    Kram Meta

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous flowers and photos, Denise! I would love to visit this garden some day. Have a happy Memorial Day weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes, I like the first shot. Clever of you to take the fern that way.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful and distinctive shots. Happy Memorial Day Weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi! Your flower photos are very exquisite.
    Thank you for hosting.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your fern shot is very fun! Great perspective!

    ReplyDelete
  13. that fern photo is amazing Denise, wow!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great shot of the Fern Denise. Very artistic setup.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Denise...That first one of the fern is super cool!!
    Lovely to see these cherry photo's ...it is raining bucket's here!!
    Grace

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the fern shot -- very creative!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Enjoying your shots. Those are beauties, Denise.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful plants. I just love the orange blossom.
    Great new header, Denise! It's such a peaceful looking spot.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Gorgeous shots. Hope you'd find time to visit my Ixora.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I really love that fern picture -- it looks as if you could fall into it -- a magic path to another world perhaps!

    Thanks so much for hosting the meme!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I liked the fern capture very much. Very well taken.

    ReplyDelete
  22. so schöne Blumen..toll eingefangen mit der Kamera

    LG vom katerchen

    ReplyDelete
  23. Beautiful flowers but I also love the fern!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I like all these three plants. The bromelead flowers are so gorgeous! Nice captures, as always!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi Denise, I got an entry today. Pretty crazy when my camera is not working and I have to use the phone cam which is not that good.

    I love your fern shot.
    And happy memorial day!

    ReplyDelete
  26. A unique perspective of the fern shot!
    Beautiful blooms this week Denise!
    Hope you have a wonderful holiday weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  27. I really like the color and shape of the Jessamine. Thanks for sharing and hosting. :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. Sorry for visiting rather late! I’m so happy to be here to view your gorgeous flowers!
    ♥ thanks for joining Floral Love!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Gorgeous flowers! I wish I had some of that orange jessamine outside my bedroom window! :-)

    I am WAY behind with everyone...just plugging away slowly trying to get caught up eventually! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  30. A green tunnel! love the fern shot.

    ReplyDelete