Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Siam Village Thai Restaurant

Yesterday Gregg and I went to a new to us Thai Restaurant.  We noticed its location a while ago and have said that the next time we went out to eat we would go there.  Today Gregg came home early and as I needed to take some mail down to the post office we passed the shopping center where this restaurant is located.  We decided to give it a try and we are very glad we did.


It is a real nice restaurant, the people are friendly, it has a lovely atmosphere and the food is great.  


Our first reaction as we entered the restaurant was how cozy it felt.  It had a clean, fresh look to it and....


I enjoyed all the decorative touches inside.






We usually order the Tom Kha Soup which I forgot to take a photograph of but Gregg and I shared the following two main course meals.  His choice was the Green Curry with Chicken....


and mine was the Drunken Noodles with Chicken.  We always seem to order the same dishes because we enjoy them immensely.  I ordered it medium hot and it was perfect.


Both meals were really scrumptious and we look forward to going back.  It would be hard to go away from our favorite meals but there are so many items on the menu, it would be fun to try something different.  Gregg said his meal reminded him of our very first Thai Restaurant when we arrived in Virginia over 20 years ago.  It was a small restaurant and we went there for several years, but one day we turned up and it had closed.  We never did find out if they had moved anywhere else, there was no forwarding address on the door, but for a while we tried to find its new location, without success.  I think Gregg has subconsciously been looking for the wonderful taste he remembers from back then and even though we have had some wonderful meals at other Thai restaurants, his meal here had that same taste.  He said this with a big smile on his face as he tucked into his food.  


For the first time in I don't know how long I didn't have a single camera with me and I forgot my cell phone, so all these photos were taken with Gregg's cell.  

To finish off my post I borrowed it to take one last photo of the white azaleas out front.  They were in full bloom and were just gorgeous!

If you're in Centreville, Virginia and if you enjoy Thai food,  we can  highly recommend the Siam Village Thai Restaurant.  Here is there website and their menu can be found here.

20 comments:

  1. Denise, your Thai food looks delicious. I have not tried Thai, maybe someday. Thanks for sharing the review. Have a great evening!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you'll be going back many times. How nice that the new favorite restaurant is close to home and reminiscent of an old favorite with good memories, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. not my kind of food, but those blooms are beautiful! glad you enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Thai cuisine. Our favorite Thai restaurant in Hawaii is Champa Thai. Remember the name.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The food and decorations look wonderful. I've never tried Thai food, but maybe soon. And, I'm glad you got a close up of the white azaleas out front!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you had a nice meal ! Looks good ! Lovely photos ! The weather here has been summer like and I am loving it ! Thanks for sharing with us ! Have a good evening !

    ReplyDelete
  7. All looks real good.My favorite place's main fare was a noodle salad.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I do like Thai food as there is usually a vegan option.
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like a great restaurant and your food looks so good.

    Love that white azalea also.
    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just thinking of green curry with chicken made my mouth water. I adore Thai food.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm a huge fan of Thai food, this restaurant looks great, delicious meals and beautiful decoration!
    Léia

    ReplyDelete
  12. Isn't it great when you find a handy excellent restaurant.The food looks delicious. I hope you and Greg have many more meals there. Be daring try something new.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fantastic place, tasty food:) Greetings

    ReplyDelete
  14. It looks delightful. Wish I lived close enough to try it:-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love Thai food! These are such tempting food shots, I liked the ambiance too.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I just love how you photographed all the details, what a beautiful place!! I always do the same thing AND pretend to use the bathroom several times so I can "check out" what everyone else is eating!!

    Looks like a great place, good that you enjoyed it so much!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Looks like a great spot..Now I'm hungry LOL

    ReplyDelete
  18. I've never had much Thai food, but these meals look delicious. Your azalea is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  19. That looks ilk a great restaurant. We have a couple of Thai restaurants near us which we regularly frequent. My favourite starter (entree) is Mee Grob.

    ReplyDelete
  20. The food looks wonderful and I don't think I've ever seen white azaleas before. You've made me very hungry. I always order Pad Thai and Pad See Euw. I have no idea how you spell that.

    ReplyDelete