Monday, May 20, 2013

Goldfinches

I know I am going overboard on sharing all these photos, but I can't tell you how excited I am to have Goldfinches back at the feeders again.  For quite a few years I didn't see any, even though I read up on what they liked to eat.  I would go to other places in the area and there they were but not in my garden.  This sock is full of thistle seed and even though I have used them before, this one has been the most popular one ever.   So here you go, all the goings on in our back garden.


Way too fuzzy but I cropped the photo from above.  I cropped quite a few of these shots.




























It seemed to be that there was a lot of territorial claiming at first.  Now I only see a single pair at the feeder.






This male house finch came one time, I haven't seen him back.



I will be linking with Anni's Bird D'Pot, Stewart's Wild Bird Wednesday and Michelle's Nature Notes