Friday, May 3, 2013

CAMERA CRITTERS



I found these White-tailed deer munching on grass along Skyline Drive in Virginia.  You can see that the one on the left in the photo below is wearing a collar and a tag.  They are still wearing their winter coat as they sure do blend into the background.  I was surprised to see them as it was the wrong time of the day for viewing wildlife, but what a happy gift to end our drive on.  Shortly afterwards we reached the exit and were heading home.


~~~~~~~

Thank you Misty for hosting Camera Critters and please click here to visit critters from all over the world.

Camera Critters

17 comments:

HOOTIN ANNI said...

Simply beautiful and oh so pristine these photos are.

gigihawaii said...

Lucky you were to see these animals when least expected.

TexWisGirl said...

great sighting!

Out on the prairie said...

Fun to see all the time.The one with a collar is part of a conservation study,you might find more checking with you conservation office.

Janie said...

Lovely photos of the deer, Denise. I always enjoy seeing wildlife along the roads or trails.

Betty Manousos said...

love those graceful creatures.

fabulous shots, dear denise! and i really like your header picture, too:)

have a nice weekend~

xx

Rose ~ from Oz said...

I was going to say how intriguing about the collar and tag, but I see in a comment its likely to be a conservation study.
What gorgeous creatures! Your lovely photos reminded me of why I miss the southern parts of Oz! No deer roaming about the tropics I'm afraid :(

grammie g said...

Hi Denise...So special to see wildlife , especially like seeing the deer!!
You had a good opportunity to get these nice shot's

Grace

























Country Gal said...

Wonderful photos ! Have a good day !

Sandy Carlson said...

Exquisite photos. I love these animals. Thanks for these images.

Adam said...

looks great

Kay said...

They are such beautiful, graceful creatures. Lovely photos, Denise.

Pat said...

Such beautiful animals! Nice captures.

Sarah~Magnolia Surprise said...

I wish I were farther out from the city so I could see beautiful deer such as these! It's nice that you happened upon them!

eileeninmd said...

They are so cute, great sighting Denise! I do not think I have seen the green tags. Happy Weekend!

Karen said...

What a delight to see these critters!

Gunilla Bäck said...

Beautiful deer!