Monday, May 13, 2013

A humerous gardening poem

I think this poem must have been written back in the day.  

She dug the plot on Monday,
The soil was rich and fine.
She forgot to thaw out dinner,
So we went out to dine.
She planted roses Tuesday,
She says they are a must.
They really are quite lovely
But she quite forgot to dust.
On Wednesday it was daisies,
They opened up with sun,
All whites and pinks and yellows,
But the laundry wasn't done.
The poppies came on Thursday,
A bright and cherry red.
I guess she really was engrossed,
She never made the bed.
It was violets on Friday
In colors she adores.
It never bothered her at all
All the crumbs upon the floors.
I hired a maid on Saturday,
My week is now complete.
My wife can garden all she wants,
The house will still be neat!
It's nearly lunchtime Sunday
And I cannot find the maid.
Oh no, I don't believe it!
She's out there WITH THE SPADE!

~Author Unknown~

25 comments:

Arija said...

Priceless, it sounds like me but no-one hired a maid . . I only wish.

grammie g said...

Hi Denise...I just loved it ...so darn cute!!! It sounds like me, except I have no husband or maid : )
So my house stays a mess!! lol
Grace

Elephant's Child said...

'She' and the maid had their priorities right.

Linley S said...

Love it.

eileeninmd said...

Lovely flowers and a cute poem, Denise! Have a happy week!

Valerie said...

Thanks for sharing the poem, Denise. It made me smile.

Lui said...

Haha, Denise, this really remind me of several people I know but without the maid version ;-)

I am "almost" back.
Its been a back-breaking time and I can hardly post and visit and comment that I felt I lost a limb.

I hope I get to fulfill my promise to myself to update blogs at least once a week ;-)

HAve a great week, my friend
and happy Mumsy day!

(Diane) Bibliophile By the Sea said...

Awesome:) Can't wait for my flowers to bloom - your blog pics inspire me to plant more.

TexWisGirl said...

made me laugh!

imac said...

Fantastic,

Jan said...

Love the poem and the photo. The poem is me and quilting!, but no maid.

Mary said...

LOL...still laughing! What a great poem! I wish I was that enthusiastic about gardening and that my knee would let me do more :-) I need to hire a gardener and do the house cleaning myself.

ladyfi said...

Luscious colours in this shot.

George said...

I love this! Thanks for putting a big smile on my face.

gigihawaii said...

What a cute poem, Denise! I love it!

Jennifer A. Jilks said...

That is much fun!
Cheers from Cottage Country!

Tawny Moon Studio said...

Oh, I love your hydrangeas Denise and the poem...it could've been written by my partner but about art not gardening ;) have a lovely week :)

Debbie said...

hehe, this is awesome!! love the image and those colors, WOW!!!

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

How funny! I think the poor guy should learn to cook and make his own bed!

HOOTIN ANNI said...

This is priceless!! As is your photo share.

Rambling Woods said...

Made me smile.... Michelle

Kathie Brown said...

LOL! Love this poem! What a nice way to start the week! You made me smile! I had never seen this poem before!

Sandy Carlson said...

Wonderful and beautiful, Denise!

Charlene said...

Great humor! It made me smile too. Thanks for visiting my photo blog and for the inspiring comment. Best regards!

Marie said...

Perfectly charming! :-)