Friday, April 19, 2013

TODAY'S FLOWERS #244

The link to Today's Flowers is now open.  We start a new link each Saturday morning at 12.15 a.m. Eastern Time (US).  This is so that our overseas friends can share earlier if they wish.  To see beautiful blooms from around the world you can click here.

I am sharing more flowers seen in the conservatory at Brookside Gardens a few weekends ago.

 Acalypha hispida - Chenille Plant



I was very taken with these flowers.  I have never seen anything like them before.  It is called Eleaocarpus grandiflorus - Lily of the Valley Tree.




Calliandra haematocephala - "Nana" - Dwarf red powderpuff Tree

~~~~~~
(A message that will be repeated every week.)

I wish to show my appreciation for all the participants in the previous week's Today's Flowers Meme, by sharing their links here.  I always try hard not to make any mistakes but please let me know if there are any, the same if I have missed anyone.  I do make the occasional mistake and I have already been made aware of one or two.  Believe me, I appreciate it as I like to get things correct.  The links are in the order they were received on the home page.  Consequently, this list won't be alphabetical.  Clicking on the names will take you to their blogs.


With my thanks to last week's participants who were:

Randy at Bland Rosor & Tistlar

Carletta at Round the Bend

Minoru's Photo Diary

BirgittaB - Welcome to my world of photography

Mina at Mina Fotostunder

Xavi at Jardins-Parcs-Paisatges-Muntanyes-Ciutats

Bernie at Bush Bernie's Blog

Luna Miranda at Live in the Moment

Emille at Artistique

Elin at I hagen ved skauen

Lina at Women's Perspectives

Jidhu Jose at Snapshot

Maboe

Sleepshort at Inside Out

A Mom's Diary

Carver at Carver's Sight or is that Site?

Genie from Climbing the Mountain One Step at a Time    

Meta at Blommor och sant med koloni

Enerhagen

Aud at Aud pa        

Naturefootstep

Pupo at Ipsis Flowers

 Sarah at Hood Photography

Amateur Photography/Nature Photos

Judy at Lilac Gate

Kramer at Bexar County Line

Chris at Vincibene

Jama at Sweet Memories

Ecobirder    

Karen at The Busy Bug

Arija at Garden Delights

Laura at Shine the Divine

Alexa at The Road is Mine

Willa at Pixel Minded

Mumsy at Raw Thoughts and Feelings

Doug at 2013 Doug Photo Blog

Liz at Mommy's Little Corner

The Modern Mom

Miriam Luiza at Abrindo a Coracao

Cheryl Ann at Deep Canyon

Cheryl Ann at Deserts and Beyond

January at Life's Concealed Details

Sweet Romantic Notions

Kerri at A Little Piece of Me

Eden at Moments to Remember

Susan at SWightR

Sandy at Kezzela2

Gillena Cox at Lunch Break
                                    
~~~~~~

Today's Flowers was created by our good friend Luiz Santilli, Jr.




TF teamPupo - Sandy Carlson - Denise


If anyone would like to be a guest and share photos on our home page, details can be found at the top of Today's Flowers web site, which you will find here.

                                                

I am also linking up with Tina's Weekend Flowers which you can find at her blog here.

   

and also Mona's Floral Love which you can find here.

Floral Love
                                   

30 comments:

Debbie said...

really gorgeous, special, colorful blooms!!

eileeninmd said...

Denise, gorgeous flowers. They look exotic and are new to me. Lovely photos. Have a happy weekend!

TexWisGirl said...

the chenille and powder puff are so cool!

Betsy Adams said...

Hi Denise, Gorgeous flowers... I especially love that Powder Puff.. We've seen it at Biltmore...

Have a wonderful weekend.
Hugs,
Betsy

Linda said...

Those flowers are beautiful and, to me, so unusual. I like the name of the first i.e. chenille!

Out on the prairie said...

Of course my favorite was the "Lily of the Valley Tree". All were fun , I would love to visit it.

Luna Miranda said...

they're gorgeous! we have them all here.:p there were lots of chenille plant in my grandmother's garden, we call it "cat's tail".:p

Cloudia said...

Jamaicans call the top one "Pussy Tails"


ALOHA
from Honolulu
Comfort Spiral
~ > < } } ( ° > <3
> < } } ( ° >

Carletta said...

Love the chenille and powderpuff!
I think I would have spent way too much time there taking photos. :)

Meta said...

Den första blomman du visar vet jag att min mamma hade när jag var liten, jag gillade de där svansarna.
de andra fina blommorna känner jag inte igen.
Ha en fin helg
Kram Meta

Xavi said...

Denise,I really like these plants, with the botanical name.

Have a wonderful weekend.

Xavi

Cezar and Léia said...

Glorious Spring!Thanks for sharing these adorable pictures, lovely colours and flowers!
Léia

Kay said...

I think I've seen that Chenille plant, but didn't know its name. I always love seeing your flowers, Denise. Have a great weekend.

diane b said...

Love your header shot and the Lily of the Valley is an unusually pretty flower. The first flower on your pos is a pest in my garden. It crawls and takes over other plants and it is hard to get rid of even though it is pretty.

Valerie said...

Unusual flowers today, Denise. I adore the Chenille plant and the powderpuff.

Elephant's Child said...

What a wonderful happy, beautiful post. Thank you - and have a great weekend.

Gunilla Bäck said...

Wonderful flowers!

Carver said...

Delightful shots of the flowers. I didn't participate this week as I'm getting my new computer set up. I hope your having a great weekend.

Indrani said...

These are simply superb!

Jama said...

Gorgeous flowers.

Mona's Picturesque said...

Wonderful splash of colors here :) Thank you for joining Floral Love!

lotusleaf said...

The Lily of the Valley tree blossoms are beautiful!

lotusleaf said...

I hav not seen the lily of the valley tree - they are lovely.

Nancy Claeys said...

Such a wonderful variety of blooms! Thank you for brightening my Sunday morning!

Kerri said...

These are so unique! I LOVE 'em!

Anonymous said...

Pretty and unique. I've never seen the first two flowers before. Hope you'd find time to visit my entry.

Modern Mom said...

Pretty and unique. I've never seen the first two flowers before. Hope you'd find time to visit my entry.

Laura said...

love all the fuzzy, fringy beauty here!

Anne Payne said...

First off I want to say you have a beautiful blog header! Also, your images of these distinctive blooms are gorgeous. I'm visiting from Tina's. Have a blessed Sunday!

Tina´s PicStory said...

thanx for your lovely flowers! :)