Saturday, April 6, 2013

TODAY'S FLOWERS #242 - April 6th, 2013

The link to Today's Flowers is open.  We start a new link each Saturday morning at 12.15 a.m. Eastern Time (US).  This is so that our overseas friends can share earlier if they wish.  To see beautiful blooms from around the world you can click here.

My flowers today come from Brookside Gardens last Saturday.  I decided to share all the spring blooms at once.  

I have never seen this particular type of ornamental cabbage before and on doing a little research, the closed name I could come up with was a Peacock Ornamental Cabbage.  Added note: Sara at "Sara's Fave Photos Blog" identified it as either a Dusty Miller or an ornamental kale.  Thanks Sara!   


Thanks to Carver at "Carver's Sight or is that Site?", I identified this as Japonica pieris.  She has one that looks identical in her post here.   Thanks Carver!   Another added note: Sara (see writing at the top of the above picture) said this was an Adromeda or Pieris, and that they are 'nice and fragrant.  Lan in and smell them.  You will be pleasantly surprised."  Thanks again Sara.  

























(A message that will be repeated every week.)

I wish to show my appreciation for all the participants in the previous week's Today's Flowers Meme, by sharing their links here.  I always try hard not to make any mistakes but please let me know if there are any, the same if I have missed anyone.  I do make the occasional mistake and I have already been made aware of one or two.  Believe me, I appreciate it as I like to get things correct.  The links are in the order they were received on the home page.  Consequently, this list won't be alphabetical.  Clicking on the names will take you to their blogs.

With my thanks to last week's participants who were:





Xavi at Jardins-Parcs-Paisatges-Muntanyes-Ciutats

Squirrel Queen at The Road To Here

Rajesh at Why Click?

Tina's PicStory

Lina at Women's Perspectives

Elin at I hagen ved skauen

Luna Miranda at Live in the Moment

Gisela at Guildwood Gardens

Kerri at A Little Piece of Me

Liz at Mommy's Little Corner

The Modern Mom

Carver at Carver's Sight or is that Site?

Maboe

Pupo at Ipsis Flowers

From Joensuu, Finland

Luna Miranda from Miranda

Sara at Love That Image

Judy at Lilac Gate

Miriam Luiza at Abrindo a Coracao

 Deep Canyon

Cheryl Ann at desertsouthwest

Sandy's Writing in Faith

Jama at Sweet Memories

Bettyl at Photographing New Zealand

Doug at 2013 Doug Photo Blog

BirgittaB - Welcome to my world of photography

January at Life's Concealed Details

Marie at A Colorful World

Foto Gunsside

Blue Shell

Antara from A Mom's Diary

Gillena Cox from Lunch Break

Vid Vattern Strand

Sandy at Kezzela2

Valerie at Travels Here and Abroad

Pret-a-Vivre


~~~~~~

Today's Flowers was created by our good friend Luiz Santilli, Jr.




TF teamPupo - Sandy Carlson - Denise


If anyone would like to be a guest and share photos on our home page, details can be found at the top of Today's Flowers web site, which you will find here.

                                                

I am also linking up with Tina's Weekend Flowers which you can find here.