Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Burke Lake Park in Northern Virginia - Part 1

The following photos were taken at Burke Lake Park in Northern Virginia.  This link will take you to the Fairfax County Virginia website.




There is a public path that goes all around the lake.  The day we went, last Thursday (April 18th) we found very few people and had the trail all to ourselves.   The day threatened rain and did in fact sprinkle a little, but we were lucky and it was dry the whole time we were there.  





All the old leaves carpeted the ground but bright green leaves were replacing them, spurred on by the warmer weather.  


A great place for exercise, that is if you can keep going long enough before stopping to look at all the wonderful things in nature.  


It is amazing how you can keep up the pace and take a photograph on the fly.....


and I do try to keep pace with Gregg and his long-legged strides.  My shorter legs manage pretty well.


All in all, a great walk along another pretty trail in Northern Virginia.

20 comments:

  1. What a great walk! I need to walk more myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful place - thank you for taking me there with you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The pictures are fabulous, I do so love nature. The word serene came to mind when I saw the first picture, and I love the catkins.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Denise, a lovely lake and place for a walk. Your photos from the trail are pretty. Wishing you a happy day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's quite beautiful, and made all the more so by your inspired photography.
    Have a good day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sure does look a nice place for a walk. I agree about trying to keep up the pace and take photos too is a difficult task. (Get Gregg to take the photos)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dear Denise,
    So wonderful day at this beautiful lake and you got adorable pictures, the nature is spectacular there!
    Léia

    ReplyDelete
  8. don't you just love having the place to yourself?! very pretty walk!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely photos, even if on the "fly". THanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. you captured the beauty of spring - even if at a sprint. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. My wife and I are the same height, but the only way we can keep the same pace is to hold hands. I walk too fast and stop for distractions too often.

    Thanks for your visit. I wish I could take my sweet time to post and comment, but my availability for blogging time has been cut down to 20%.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for sharing this beautiful walk....nothing like a private path around the lake! You certainly do take excellent pictures "on the fly." (I find that since I have a digital camera, my exercise walks often turn into slow ambles with lots of stops._

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful sights captured along your way. Nice focus in the shots.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sounds like (and looks like) you had a wonderful walk along the lake in Northern VA... Happy Spring to YOU.
    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  15. My camera is jealous and wishes it could go on that walk too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. love the signs of spring you share. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I would enjoy a walk around that lake.

    ReplyDelete
  18. This does look like a great place for a walk -- and to get wonderful pictures.

    ReplyDelete