Saturday, April 13, 2013

Anni's Bird D'Pot

I am linking up with Anni's Bird D'Pot which you can find here.



Today we went to one of our favorite walkabout places, Meadowlark Gardens.  I was looking forward to seeing the Tree Swallows as they nest at the garden every year.  They fly high and low over the main lake, and they must have amazing in-built radar to stop bumping into each other.  The swallows are a lot of fun to watch as they seem to swoop and skim the surface of the water.  They are also very hard to take photos of moving as fast as they do, they remind me of mini jet airplanes.   


This time we were lucky enough to get a photo of one as it came into frame.   I didn't realize it had been caught until I got home and saw it on the computer screen.   I duplicated it and cropped  to get a better view of this pretty bird.  It isn't perfect but I am delighted that I finally got a photo of it in flight.

25 comments:

  1. I don't know what it is about swallows, but I've always been drawn to them. I remember seeing them in Canada and Yellowstone. These are so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI Denise...Good for you planned or unplanned it is a great feeling! : )
    It is a lovely one of the Barn Swallow!
    Grace

    ReplyDelete
  3. The capture is so perfect! Great image!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it.They are hard to catch, I shoot lots and get little.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like swallows, they are harbingers of spring. Your header picture is brilliant, Denise.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning. You should be very proud.

    ReplyDelete
  7. We spent some time last weekend watching tree swallows at a park in Ohio. You are so right in your description of these birds in flight! I captured an in-flight picture, too. The tree swallows are extremely difficult to get a good photograph in flight. You did very well.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my gosh, oh my gosh Denise!!! You managed to capture the swallows in flight showing off their beauty!!

    Well done. And kudos to your photo skills.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your header is so springy and lovely - love the swallow capture as well. Have a great week Denise.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Denise, awesome flights shots. The swallows are cute birds! Happy Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  11. A lovely shot of the flying swallow.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Magnificent action photography of nature's gem ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow wow wow - glorious shots! And such a pretty bird.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Good job! That's a great capture!

    ReplyDelete
  15. So that is a swallow. Wow. Unbelievable that you were able to get such a sharp photo of it in flight. Congrats, Denise!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Spectacular shot of the bird in flight with its wings outspread.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi! Very beautiful and cool capture. Thank you for sharing with you.

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a lovely surprise as I can imagine how difficult the swallow would be to capture! It's really beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  19. so lovely want to walk where that header is

    ReplyDelete