Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Pelican Take-Off

I am linking up to Anni's The Bird D-Pot today which you can find if you click here.  I am also linking up with Stewart's Wild Bird Wednesday which you can find here.

The Dockside Restaurant is on Lynhaven Inlet and at the back is a working Marina that attracts many water birds.  You can see a map of their location here if you are interested.  Besides the usual Seagulls which I always love, there were also Pelicans and Red-breasted Mergansers.   These Mergansers were a first for me.  I have seen Hooded Mergansers but not for a couple of years and not nearly as close as these were, that other sighting was just a blip in the distance.  We had a great view of all the birds, and we were delighted with the show that they put on.  Very entertaining!










Lift-Off!