Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Raptor

I am linking up to Stewart's Wild Bird Wednesday today, and to see other amazing birds from around the world you can click here.

I had completely forgotten about this collection of photos and have just found them as a draft.  Good fortune smiled on me as I was wondering what I should post next.  I had labeled it as a Red-winged Hawk but if I am wrong please let me know.  


I was at a demonstration given by the Raptor Conservancy of Virginia, where they were showing several birds that had been injured in some way.  These poor birds were unable to be released back into the wild and were being used for educational purposes.   At the time I also shared photos of owls and other birds of prey, and if you click here it will take you to several posts one after the other.



As you can see I couldn't stop taking photos but I didn't feel bad as I was surrounded by fellow camera enthusiasts/bird lovers who were as enamored as I was.  What an incredible morning it was to be in such close proximity to these incredible raptors.



A study in magnificence!