Thursday, February 21, 2013

Pictures from my archives - Antelope Canyon

In 2007 Gregg and I took a road trip around the Southwest.  Part of that trip took us to Monument Valley, where we met a nice tourist called Brian from England.  He had asked if we would take a picture of him with the monuments behind him, and he did the same for us.  He asked us if we had been to Antelope Canyon.  We said we had not, in fact hadn't heard of it before.  He did us a great service as he told us we really shouldn't miss it as we weren't that far away.  It is near Paige, Arizona  If you ever find yourself in that area, don't miss it.  You will be as amazed as we were.  It is an incredible place.  You can click here, here and here to find out more.


These are three of the photos we took there.  We were given a tour by a Navajo lady called Carol. She was great even putting our cameras on the right settings and taking photos for us with our cameras, to make sure we captured at least one great shot of the canyon.  I have two other posts from way back, here and here.


These are on my other posts but there are a lot more photos.


13 comments:

  1. Isn't it amazing what God creates? And such a nice tour director to show everyone what setting to put their cameras on to get the best picture! That was going above and beyond her duties! There are so few people like that in the world today...if there were more, it would be a much better place.

    Great pictures! I enjoyed sharing with you....will go look at your older post now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH YES! We're so excited! We have Antelope Canyon as a highlight on our itinerary for this summer. I just hope it won't be too hot. These photos are gorgeous, Denise.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic post and photos ! Thanks for sharing with us . Have a good day !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Monument Valley is on my long list of places I want to see. Your photos are fabulous...

    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice photos, Denise. Almost like abstract art, in a sense.

    ReplyDelete
  6. OH! I woild LOVE to visit this canyon. It IS amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Denise, you have made my day with your posts about your trip to the Antelope Canyon. The rock formations inside the canyon are amazing and no wonder you would like to go back, The whole experience with your guides, the truck journey and meeting your fellow travellers must have been very special.You must have thanked that man from England for suggesting you go and have a look for yourself. I find desert areas fascinating. I've only experienced them in Israel. By the way, I think the plant with the white flower is called convulvulus or bindweed. It is very tenacious, but still amazing to see it growing in the desert.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Denise, how wonderful that you got to go on this tour...we have traveled through that part of the SW, but didn't try to get to Antelope Cyn ... a good reason to go back. Hope we're lucky enough to do so...I love that area. Your pictures are great!. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, nice tour lady to set up your camera to take nice pictures. The pictures you shared are very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's one place I have not seen in AZ. On my list. Can't tell you how many times I have been through Page and have yet to see that. That area is just too beautiful. Love Monument Valley!

    ReplyDelete
  11. fantastic!!!!


    ALOHA from Waikiki
    Comfort Spiral
    ~ > < } } ( ° > <3

    ReplyDelete

I thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I enjoy reading them very much and always try to return a visit.