Monday, February 18, 2013

Little Scottish Highlander


Proudly profiled in his kilt, yes proud
As he listened to the bagpipes playing very loud
His little body danced to the music of the Clans.

He longed to see those Highlands he had never seen,
Born in another land, mind on where he had not been,
The glorious Highlands of Bonny Scotland!

~Poem by me, with apologies to Rabbie Burns~

~~~~~

I took this photo back in 2009 and you may remember it as I posted it at the time.  I attended the annual Scottish Festival a few miles away.  There was a Dog Parade and all the participants were Scottish breeds in origin.  Some were dressed up in theme and this little dog even had a miniature set of bagpipes on his back.

20 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

cute little poem. not sure about the dog clothing, though. :)

Country Gal said...

Cute pooch .

diane b said...

How cute. I'd like to see him play the bagpipes. Clever little poem too.

Betsy Adams said...

Cute little poem and cute little doggie....

Hugs,
Betsy

eileeninmd said...

Denise, cute poem and I love the puppy dog!

Debbie said...

awww too cute!! but i wonder what the pooch thinks??

Gill - That British Woman said...

great shot Denise,

Gill

Linda Gross said...

Hey, you are a poet :-) Good poem! Very good capture of the cute little dog.

SquirrelQueen said...

The little dog is adorable in his kilt. I love that poem, that describes how I feel when I hear bagpipes and the music of my ancestors.

Marilyn said...

This post just made me smile and laugh. What a nice way to end my evening. Must get ready for school tomorrow.♥♫

Pauline said...

A delightful, smile inducing poem and pic. Love it.

Out on the prairie said...

fun shot,I like to see the breed

ladyfi said...

Ha ha - too cute!

Jidhu Jose said...

cute

Gattina said...

How cute ! adorable !

Cezar and Léia said...

awwww so cute! :)
Léia

Don Wood said...

Ahhhh what a sweetie obviously not embarrassed by his get up. It makes me smile when I see dog all dressed up. XX Don
PS we dont have anythinng like that here in England so we disquise our beef and are now making beef burgers out of horse meat.

Linda said...

I do love Scottie dogs, Denise. Great poem too!

EG CameraGirl said...

AWWW! Such a sweetheart!

eden said...

So cute!I attended once a Scotish Festival here. Lots of fun and we had a great time.