Sunday, February 3, 2013

A poem....


"In winter's cold and sparkling snow,
The garden in my mind does grow.
I look outside to blinding white,
And see my tulips blooming bright.
And over there a sweet carnation
Softly scents my imagination.

On this cold and freezing day,
The Russian sage does gently sway,
And miniature roses perfume the air,
I can see them blooming there.
Though days are short my vision's clear,
And through the snow the buds appear.

In my mind clematis climbs,
And morning glories do entwine.
Woodland phlox and scarlet pinks
Replace the frost, if I just blink.
My inner eye sees past the snow,
And in my mind my garden grows."

~Cheryl - Winter Garden~

9 comments:

  1. How lovely,
    and that's no junk-o!


    Sending YOU Aloha
    from Honolulu,
    Comfort Spiral
    ~ > < } } ( ° >

    ReplyDelete
  2. How pretty! You are talented!!! I can see the flowers growing, too, and that means your poem did just what you wanted it to do! Thanks for showing me around your blooming garden!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The mind is a marvellous thing. Loved the poem, Denise.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful image and a sweet poem, a special post bringing lights to our day, thanks for sharing!
    Léia

    ReplyDelete
  5. The perfect poem for now. I can't WAIT for spring!!! Loved your photo as well. Very beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice poem; can't wait for Spring!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice to see a poem on here. I spent the morning writing poetry myself and posted it on my poetry blog. I have sorely neglected it as of late but have a poem a week set to post right now.

    Enjoy your winter garden!

    ReplyDelete

I thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I enjoy reading them very much and always try to return a visit.