Saturday, January 19, 2013

TODAY'S FLOWERS # 230

The link to Today's Flowers is now open.  To see beautiful blooms from around the world you can click here.

I will be relying more and more on my archives in our winter.
Orchid family - Spathoglottis  Picata

I wanted to thank all those who have been sharing photos at Today's Flowers.  As a way of showing my appreciation I have added your links from last week below.  I have tried hard not to make any mistakes but please let me know if there are any, the same if I have missed anyone.  They are in the order they were received on the home page so this list won't be alphabetical.  Clicking on the names will take you to their blogs.

With my thanks to last week's participants who were:



























Guild-Rez at Guildwood Gardens                 

Kanak at Terra Farmer             



Ecobirder       


Life's Concealed Details           







Thank you Luna Miranda for this pretty logo.

If you enjoy participating in memes we are always looking for new participants.  For those of you who are already weekly participants, thank you very much. 

If anyone would like to be a guest and share photos on our home page, details can be found at the top of Today's Flowers web site, which you will find here.

                                                

I am also linking up with Tina's Weekend Flowers which you can find here.

                             


31 comments:

Betsy Adams said...

I love orchids.. Makes me want to get back over to Biltmore since theirs are so pretty in winter....

Happy Weekend.
Hugs,
Betsy

Luna Miranda said...

that's a pretty orchid...i love the light beaming on the flowers. i was out of town last week, wasn't able to link up.:p

SquirrelQueen said...

What a pretty flower. I am digging into my archives too these days since all we have is freezing fog and dreary skies.

Happy Weekend!

Linda said...

I love orchids, especially the small, wild ones. I'm reading a book - an historical novel called The Lady's Slipper' - which is about a 17th century woman who wants everyone to appreciate the wild lady's slipper orchid which is not growing on common land.

guild-rez said...

Beautiful orchid picture!!
Love to participate this week again,
Gisela

Tojav said...

Beautiful, delicate flowers.

Valerie said...

Orchids are my favourites. I wish I could see them in the wild, though, instead of in pots.

diane b said...

I love the light on the flowers and the dark background.

lina@womens perspectives said...

Elegant orchids, Denise.
Have a nice weekend :)

Tina´s PicStory said...

you did a great job! thanx for this and also for your lovely weekend flowers. :)

Cezar and Léia said...

Orchids are so special! :)
Happy weekend,
Léia

TexWisGirl said...

beautiful blooms.

Modern Mom said...

Lovely orchid. Hope you'll find time to visit my Purple Ruellia.

Out on the prairie said...

A little bit of the exotic

Betty Manousos said...

great work on the lighting, denise!

gorgeous photo!

have a great weekend~

xx

NatureFootstep said...

lol, you have done a great job. And it is appreciated. But if I´d be picky my name is NatureFootstep, one word :)

Thanks to you for hosting. And, arachive is a great thing. :)

Carver said...

That's a beautiful orchid. I hope you are having a great weekend.

imac said...

Love it, well shot.

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

Gorgeous orchids -- do you grow those? (I don't grow anything I blog, but I do love flowers.) Thanks for this and for hosting.

SandyCarlson said...

Denise, the flowers are gorgeous.

Self Sagacity said...

Very pretty as always :-) It really is wonderful to see flowers at this time of year.

Gunilla Bäck said...

Gorgeous orchid!

kanak7 said...

These orchids look so pretty and delicate. I love the colour too.

eileeninmd said...

Denise, very pretty and delicate flowers. Beautiful photo. Happy Sunday!

NatureFootstep said...

thank you. Looking good. :)

DeniseinVA said...

Thank you for all the sweet comments. I think I have returned the visits except for Tojav. Thank you for the comment Tojav, sorry I couldn't find a link back to your blog. I also sent an e-mail to Betty as I couldn't find a comment box on yours - do I need my glasses ? Probably! Other than that I am all caught up. Have a great week everyone :)

Judy said...

I really love that cow portrait in your header!! Unusual perspective!!

Marie said...

Beautiful orchid! I'll be popping over in a few minutes to check out some more.

moni said...

Hello Denise,
orchids are wonderful flowers and your's are very pretty, love it!
Wish you a good Monday,
moni

vincibene said...

Very pretty orchid! So fragile in wonderful light.
And thank you very much for your work with the list!

Pat said...

Late to the party...husband had hip surgery so I've been busy. My orchid is trying hard to re-bloom.