Wednesday, January 30, 2013

A bit of whimsy in this post


If you have a special garden,
Where flowers and herbs abound.
Then take a pinch of fairy dust,
And sprinkle it around.
The fairies will take notice,
And at the end of day,
They'll tiptoe out upon the grass,
And dance the night away.

~Carla J. Nelson~


How to tell if a fairy is around:

Soft chiming bells
A strong scent of grass, apples or wild violets
Strange, haunting or jovial music
Mysterious giggling that comes out of thin air
Mushroom circles
Large patches of four-leaf clovers
You are followed by a crow or a raven.




Well, there you go!

(Photos at Meadowlark Gardens, of an area near the visitors center that delights big kids and little kids alike.  Never lose sight of your inner child).

You can find another fairy post here.

18 comments:

  1. A fairy garden sounds wonderful, Denise. Lovely post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yep, plenty of strange haunting music here today!


    Happy Aloha
    from Honolulu,
    Comfort Spiral
    ~ > < } } ( ° >

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute ! The first photo is that a fairy pub and the red beside it is a passed out fairy from to much drink lol sorry my twisted sister sense of humor lol ! Have a good evening !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Doesn't everyone believe in fairies, Denise, and if not then where would the tooth fairy be?

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great post :) Made me smile!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the idea of a fairy garden. Perhaps I should check my garden area a little closer as there has been a lot of mysterious giggling going on out there lately.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would love to have some fairy dust please.

    ReplyDelete
  8. There is nothing better than some childish imaginations sometimes. Love the poems and the little house.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely bit of whimsy Denise!
    Sure made me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Everyone needs a bit of whimsy in their lives. It keeps us young at heart. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Dear Denise,
    I'm always delighted by your creative ideas, lovely post!
    Léia

    ReplyDelete
  12. OH! That first photograph gave me an idea. I have several cottages that my S-I-L gave me. I am in a photo group that has photo theme challenges each month. February's theme challenge is tabletop (or any still life). I am thinking about creating a village in the snow on top of our hedges. Thank you for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  13. We are followed by crows every day in the forest . . . fairies?? No, they follow us for the dog biscuits we feed them;-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Charming! A nice, cheery post. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you for all the lovely comments my friends and have a great weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love a little whimsy in posts. Great one.

    ReplyDelete

I thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I enjoy reading them very much and always try to return a visit.