Friday, December 21, 2012

CAMERA CRITTERS


These are repeat photos I took a few years ago when we went to a zoo while on vacation.  I am using them again to go with a link of a short video sent by a friend, which I have added below.  


It is a dream of mine to one day go on a photographic safari in Africa.  These people in the video had an amazing encounter when a cheetah jumped on their jeep and stayed for several minutes.  "Don't move", "no problem", said the driver.  I don't think I would need to be told twice, I would have been transfixed like deer in the headlights, or in this case the cheetah's sight-lights.  I'm not sure I would have wanted to get that close to a wild animal no matter how beautiful, but happily it turned out well and was just one of those once in a life time experiences that they are probably still talking about today.  Cheetah's are such noble animals, they move so majestically!  I did chuckle at a young man's comment asking Edward if he could get a lion up there next time.  Hmmmm.......I don't think so!  

The link is here.  I would like to thank my friend Gerri for sending this to me in an e-mail.



Camera Critters


Thank you Misty for hosting Camera Critters.  It is has always been a very enjoyable meme and one I look forward to each Saturday.

To see other fun critters you can click here

21 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

certainly beautiful from a distance. :)

B2B said...

I got a chance to see Cheetahs recently. They are so lanky and are fully built for speed.

I too wish to go on a safari in Africa!

Joe Todd said...

Fun post.. Have a great day

Country Gal said...

Wonderful creatures ! I would love to travel the world and take photos of all the different types of nature ! Like they do for National Geographic 's Nature Mag ! Have a good day !

Out on the prairie said...

The big cats are very intriguing. I enjoy watching them.The Henry Doorley Zoo near me has the largest white tiger collection.I was trying to get a good shot on a mounntain lion a few winters ago, standing in the coldest winter early evenings a few years back near a series of caves.We also have bobcats,all very hard to get close to.

Cloudia said...

I love all the critters you show us! Aloha

eileeninmd said...

Denise, great shots! I would also love to go on a safari. It is one of my dream trips. Thanks for sharing the link, have a great weekend!

Kay said...

Art and Jon went on a safari in Kenya several years ago and loved it. They took the economy trip where they camped out. They brought home some fun photos. I think you'd love it.

Valerie said...

Oh Denise, hubby and I just sat and watched the video ... twice. It was great. Thanks so much for sharing and making us smile on a foul, wet, English Saturday morning.

The Elephant's Child said...

How amazing. I notice the tourist in shot didn't understand 'don't move' very well. A few years ago I was given a 'Meet a cheetah' experience at our local zoo. They have SUCH a loud purr. Magic.
Beautiful post, and thank you.

EG CameraGirl said...

What a scary adventure! Hmmm.

Merry Christmas, Denise!

eden said...

Big cats are beautiful creatures. Great shots!

(Diane) Bibliophile By the Sea said...

Those are some mighty big critters -- I was thinking bunnies:)

Indrani Ghose said...

Wow! Stunning captures!

beyondzephyr.com said...

I would stop breathing, talking, laughing, and taking pictures. These people are so loud and had no fear! But the cheetah did stop the traffic :-)

MERRY CHRISTMAS AND HAPPY NEW YEAR!

bailey-road.com said...

Beautiful animal!

Misty DawnS said...

Big cats are so beautiful!

imac said...

Wild post and pics, love the film too.

Leave It To Davis said...

Such a handsome face...don't you wish they weren't dangerous and you could go and pet him? I'll bet he has really soft fur!

SquirrelQueen said...

He is one very handsome fellow. I think a safari would be a wonderful trip, maybe one of these days.

SandyCarlson said...

That is one beautiful cat!