Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Nature Notes - #183



It has been a long time since I joined up with Nature Notes but Michelle very kindly entered Today's Flowers, and I was so appreciative I thought I would start supporting her meme too.  So thank you Michelle and I am happy to be back.  I stopped doing meme's for a while as I was feeling a bit overwhelmed trying to visit everyone who participated, but have hopped back in lately and am happy to be joining in with Nature Notes as I have missed it.  

Here's today's entry.  You've figured out by now if you visit my blog frequently that peanuts play a prominent role, and I take photos of those delightful creatures who make use of a free meal.  It is a symbiotic relationship, they get their food and I get a lot of pleasure from whatever turns up.  He hasn't been seen lately but he may be in semi-hibernation.  He disappears at this time of the year and I can honestly say I miss the little guy.

It always amazes me how they can stuff those huge peanuts into their cheek pouches, usually one on each side and usually after realizing they can't add a third, they give up and scurry back to their burrow.
















Bye Little One, see you next year!

24 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

these made me laugh! adorable! we don't get chipmunks here!

EG CameraGirl said...

These are fantastic photos, Denise! Really wonderful.

This morning we discovered our stash of peanuts in the shell GONE. Oh, the bag was there all right, but no peanuts. It would have been totally worth it if I had captured wonderful photos like this. But no such luck. :))

eileeninmd said...

Cute shots of the chipper, Denise! They look so funny with their cheeks so full of seeds. Great captures!

Country Gal said...

Fantastic photos ! I have thousands of photos of the nature around us here it is amazing . They really can pack it ways can't they for small creatures ! Have a good day !

Carver said...

I love these shots. So much fun to look at.

B2B said...

Nice pics, Denise.

He looks real cute!

Lyn said...

What a cute little fella, and these photos made me laugh so much! X

Craver Vii said...

I have a son in 8th grade. This chipmunk's eating habits look amazingly similar to my son's friends... especially when there's pizza.

bettyl said...

Oh, how adorable to have this little one visit so often!

Cloudia said...

you are #1 with these cuties!!!!




Aloha from Honolulu
Comfort Spiral

~ > < } } ( ° >

> < 3 3 3 ( ° >

><}}(°>~

grammie g said...

HI Denise ...Oh my goodness what a riot, to watch that!! I'm not sure I could have kept the camera from shaking while laughing to get the shots!
Just great!! : )
Grace

Leora said...

What a sweet looking squirrel! Great shots.

gigihawaii said...

how sweet and cute, Denise. keep those pics coming.

SandyCarlson said...

Goodness! These are great!

Yogi♪♪♪ said...

Yep the little critters are funny, always testing the limits.

Valerie said...

I used to think the chipmunks cheeks were permanently bulging. It was interesting to see how he fitted the whole thing in. Amazing. I gave up on meme's for the same reason you noted, following through took so much time.

Linda said...

Love your header and your nature notes and photos!

Betty Manousos said...

hi denise,

oh, how i love those rascals!

gorgeous photos and header! ah, your images are always worth the look~

well done you!:)

wish you a great day ahead.

xx

Brijesh said...

am sure we have chipmunks in London. They just done come out of the Buckingham palace :) Very nice shots. loved them

Rambling Woods said...

Oh my gosh..this is sooo cute..I put out peanuts in the fall and the blue jays and squirrels grab them. I have only seen a chippie once...You help them survive the winter....Thank you for participating in this week's Nature Notes..nice to have you back.. Michelle

NatureFootstep said...

talk about having a built in shoppingbag. :)

Kay said...

That's incredible! He reminds me of my daughter when she was a toddler. She had the fattest cheeks. These are amazing photos, Denise.

Carletta said...

Look how much he can stretch those cheeks! Amazing!
Great shots Denise!

Kathy said...

These pictures are just utterly delightful. Like TexWis says, we don't have chipmunks around here. I wonder if this guy could get his cheeks stretched any further! Loved that last photo. Bye-bye!