Thursday, October 4, 2012

Barn Fire

 Yesterday I was running a few errands and came across this disturbing sight.  It is a barn I have passed many times over the years, and I was greatly saddened to see it on fire.  There were already three or four firetrucks on the scene, and as I drove on down the road I passed at least six more on their way to the fire.  I could see the black smoke for miles in my rear view mirror.


I have been looking for information, hoping that no person and no animal has been a casualty but I haven't come across anything yet.


I also worry about those firefighters.  


They will always have my greatest respect and admiration for what they do 

I also feel very sorry for the people who lost their barn.  The effect this must have on them, I can only imagine.

17 comments:

  1. Denise, if there were no animals inside and no danger to other property or people, the firemen may have felt it safer to let the fire burn itself out.
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sadness to see an old barn go up in smoke, but then the real sadness id - was there a business gone up in smoke too.

    All I can say is - had a blogging break, but now back in Harness, and reviving my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It hurts my heart to see something like that burn. All that history. All those stories those walls could have told. Great pics, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hate to see these palaces meet their demise, so many are lost each month

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope no animals were hurt or killed. That saddens me to no end.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A sad day for all there I expect . I do hope no people or animals were hurt ! It really hits the heart to see something like that .

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is indeed a saddening site..so sorry for the barn owner..may all human n animal be hale and hearty..

    ReplyDelete
  8. They burn so quickly because they always have such dry wood.

    ReplyDelete
  9. those barn fires can take on a life of their own. Hope no one was hurt.

    Gill

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fires are so terrifying and firefighters have my highest respect and admiration. They are heros.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sad as it is to see property destroyed, people and animals are my first priority. No building is worth a life.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very sad indeed. Hope some good comes from this loss in the end.

    ReplyDelete
  13. It saddens me to imagine how much they lost, and what implications this has for their lives now. I'll offer up a prayer for the people of the farm, but also thanksgiving for the fire department.

    ReplyDelete
  14. How devastating. I worry about firefighters and I too, respect them greatly! Especially volunteers!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm hope nobody got hurt. We had some Tulsa firefighters injured while fighting a school building fire. The fire flashed over on them suddenly and burned some of them severely.

    ReplyDelete