Sunday, October 28, 2012

As we're coming up for Halloween.....

I thought I would share a graphic I found on Pinterest.  If you click on the names below it will take you to their collections.


With Hurricane Sandy heading our way I am not sure if I will be on line tomorrow, it all depends on whether our electricity is cut off.  We have been without when we have had storms in the past.  Consequently I maybe a bit scarce for the next few days.   

A blizzard warning has been issued for the mountains of West Virginia, Maryland and Virginia, with up to two feet of snow possible.  It doesn't look like we will be getting any snow but have been told to expect 4 to 7 inches of rain starting tonight, going through to Tuesday, with sustained winds of 35 mph and peaked gusts up to 60 mph.  All Federal Offices are closed to the public and I'm sure there will be many school closings tomorrow.  That means Gregg will not be going into DC tomorrow.   Looks like we will be battening down the hatches instead.  He has already been outside  taking things inside that might become flying objects.  All our neighbors have been doing the same.  

I have not had much computer time lately and I apologize if I am not getting round to your blogs to say hi.  This evening I will be trying to catch up with as many blogging friends as I can.  

17 comments:

  1. i hope all will be well with you. i hope the flooding and wind damage will be minimal!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Denise, what a cute Halloween graphic. I do hope you stay safe in the upcoming storm. The news is making a huge deal about this storm, I am just hoping our electric does not go off. I heard schools in Maryland have already been announcing their closing tomorrow. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  3. stay safe, even we are being hit with the storm in Southern Ontario, this is a huge one....

    Gill

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Denise...Aww Pinterest....fun isn't it : )!!
    The collection of graphics are great!!
    I am not sure what's happening here with the storm it seems to be constantly changing..I guess your just prepare for the worst and hope for the best! I picked up and put away all deadly flying objects!!: )
    Be safe...
    Grace

    ReplyDelete
  5. You guys be safe. I have to say I've never heard of hurricanes and snow storms in the same breath.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hoping this Hurricane .....hurries on by!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. We have had cold weather and rain oh the rain since Friday and it is to rain till at least the middle of the week with high winds starting tonight. We here in Southwestern Ontario are in a flood issued warning till this storm passes ! It is traveling up the east coast and heading right for us . Batten down the hatches for sure and hang on to your britches . Stay safe my friend !

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sandy sounds like a big storm. Glad you've had some warning so you can be as prepared as possible. Stay safe and warm!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hope you will be safe, my friend. Thanks for this spirited Halloween graphic and for all you do.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Denise, Thinking of you all during this horrible storm. Please stay SAFE.

    Hugs and Prayers,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh Denise, hope you are unscathed and the power stays on. Be safe and dry and take care of yourself and your honey.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am glad you are currently safe and are taking steps to protect your home from the hurricane. My thoughts and prayers are with you and Gregg.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Good luck in the coming days. I will be thinking of all of my blogging friends and sending good wishes their way.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Denise, hope that you and yours will be safe from harm during this storm. Currently, on the VA eastern shore we are getting buckets of rain that started coming down heavily late Sunday afternoon. The wind gusts have not been too high thus far for which we are grateful. We are also keeping in contact with relatives along the eastern shore in NJ, PA, RI and CT. And, we also secured all outdoor items and filled the cars and portable generator.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hope the storm doesn't hit you hard. We have heard about it on TV here. Keep safe both of you.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Stay safe! We are expecting same as you .. same wind forecast but less rain. We are under a high wind warning. The warning went into effect at noon today and is expected to last until 2:00 pm tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete