Thursday, October 18, 2012

A poem....or two....or three....


"Stray birds of summer come to my window
To sing and fly away.
And yellow leaves of Autumn
Which have no songs,
Flutter and fall there with a sigh."

~Tagor~


The Cardinal sun-catcher was a gift from one of my friends.  Anne gave it to me for my birthday a while back and it is much loved not only because of the thought behind it, but it protects any feathered friend who might think of flying into the window.  There have been near misses but not so many now that my pretty sun catcher is standing guard.  You can also see the shape of one of the transparent hummingbird stickers I have strategically placed for extra protection.  

Those yellow autumn leaves are falling onto the deck every day.  No sooner are they swept up, you turn around for a few minutes and there they are again.  I love this time of the year and I love to watch the leaves falling.  

"The North Wind is calling, is calling
And we must whirl round and round,
And then, when our dancing is ended,
We'll make a warm quilt for the ground."

~Anonymous~

No north winds here yet.  In fact we have been having some beautifully sunny days this week, in the 60's.  Today it is supposed to be getting up to 70, with a fifty percent chance of rain.  I am going to make hay while the sun shines.  Time to get out of here and enjoy the day, but first I will leave you with a couple of lines from one more poem.

"Every leaf speaks bliss to me,
Fluttering from the Autumn Tree."

~Emily Bronte~