Tuesday, September 18, 2012

We're back....


Yes we are back from the beach and we said goodbye to our English friends last night at the airport.  We've had a super time but I think all of us are super tired.  In fact just now over lunch I was hunched down so far over the table, Gregg said my nose was in danger of hitting my food!  So, I sat up straight and mentally tried to balance a book on the top of my head, which was kind of interesting and a bit of a challenge.

I can't imagine how our 80/90 plus veterans must feel today but I am trusting they are all safely in their own homes all across the country, resting and relaxing and enjoying the great memories we added to every other over the years of getting together at these reunions.  We enjoyed seeing all our old friends (now like family) and meeting some wonderful new friends who joined us at our Saturday banquet.  I'll tell you more later.

The photo above and my header is from the air show at Oceana in Virginia Beach.

17 comments:

Jane and Chris said...

Can't wait!!
Jane x

Country Gal said...

Glad everyone had a nice visit ! Looking forward to the airshow photos ! Have a lovely evening !

A Brit in Tennessee said...

I can only imagine the stories flying at that reunion :)
Glad you enjoyed your visit with your friends from England, is there any tea left in that part of Virginia ?
Looking forward to the airshow pics.
~Jo

Sunray Gardens said...

Nice to have a visit from friends, and it's a sign of a good time being had if you are exhausted.

Cher Sunray Gardens

eileeninmd said...

Denise, I am happy you had such a great visit with your friends. Now, it is time to sit back and relax some. The air show must have been fun to watch. Have a wonderful week ahead.

KaHolly said...

Glad you had such a good time!!

Cloudia said...

I love war birds too.


Wishing You a happy week,
with Aloha from Honolulu
Comfort Spiral
=^..^=

> < } } ( ° >

(Diane) Bibliophile By the Sea said...

Glad u had a nice visit with your friends.

Ranita Sinha said...

Always very refreshing to take a break from the daily schedules of life and if that happens with old friends than its a jewel in the crown..

leah siroy said...

I'm glad you guys had a blast from your friend's visit. Its really nice to entertain guests once in awhile. Its quite refreshing.
compare electricity providers queensland

ZielonaMila said...

Meetings with friends are a good time. I am greeting

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Welcome back, glad you had a great visit and fun times. They go much too quickly.

The Elephant's Child said...

Welcome back. Now take it easy for a while.

Craver Vii said...

I'm feeling wiped out today, too. When I tried to imagine balancing a book on top of my head, I should have thought of a light book instead of the Oxford exhaustive English Dictionary. And now, my spine wants to crumble under the make-believe weight.

DeniseinVA said...

Thank you for all the great comments everyone.

Kathie Brown said...

Seems you have been busy! I frequently start to fall asleep in my chair or while reading a book, but never at the dinner table, LOL!

Arija said...

Love tho golden oldies. I have actually flown in something even smaller, a two seater with just room for two and a toothbrush between them, also in a Cessna 152 Aerobat and looped the loop, rolled and madly spiralled, great fun. It the stunt pilot had understood mz heart condition, he never would have taken me up but I had always wanted to fly like Boggles and was thrilled to bits.