Saturday, September 8, 2012

TODAY'S FLOWERS # 211


(All American Chief - 2008 - Van Sellers)

Today's Flowers was created by our good friend Luiz Santilli, Jr.

You can find beautiful flowers from around the world if you click here.

TF teamPupo - Sandy Carlson - Denise

Luiz is taking a well-deserved break from running this meme, and I would like to thank you Luiz for giving us a place to share all the marvelous blooms that we see in our everyday lives.


Below is a message I will be repeating over the next several weeks.
                                                                  
(Ed Brown - 2006 - Jeff Salter)
                                              
"Dear Friends,

There has been a change at Today's Flowers.  Owing to work commitments our good friend Luiz is no longer able to devote the time he once had to the wonderful meme he created. Rather than close it down I volunteered to take a more active role and, along with Sandy and Pupo, will be keeping the meme going.

To me it will always be Luiz' meme.  We have not said goodbye to him by any means as he will send us his flower photos when time permits.  He is also helping me with advice on how best to continue, for which I am very grateful.

All that being said, I am hoping that you, our TF Friends, will continue to give us the wonderful support that you have in the past. We also welcome any new friends into our Today's Flower's family, and we will do our best to make it as much fun as it always was and is.

(Primal Scream - 2003 - C. Handson)
                                           
For those of you who enjoy participating in a meme, I am also wondering if you would occasionally be willing to share your flowers on our home page, and I am busy collecting names for this purpose. If you are agreeable would you please send me one or two of your favorite flower photos to luvinwildlife@hotmail.com, and put Today's Flowers in the subject line?  (I have already been getting a lot of spammers and most of them have been sent into my spam folder, but there are those that still get through).  I have opened this e-mail account solely for Today's Flowers to prevent any confusion.  Your photos would be added to the list in the order that they are received, and I will let you know the date they are to be shown.  Thank you very much for considering this.

This e-mail address can also be used for any concerns or problems you may run into.  Occasionally there are hiccups in running any meme and we would like to be made aware of this.  Also if you have any suggestions you would like to share, we would be very happy to hear them.  Thank you!"

~~~~~

The flowers I have shown today were taken back in June at Meadowlark Gardens.

(Lavender Flight - 1973 - Edna Spalding)

22 comments:

Cloudia said...

Gosh such awesome shots!




Have a Great Weekend
Aloha from Honolulu
Comfort Spiral
=^..^=

> < } } ( ° >

Carver said...

These lilies are gorgeous! I hope you're having a happy weekend.

The Elephant's Child said...

Lilies are always a delight, and I love these shots. Thank you.

Jean said...

A very lovely group of flowers Denise!
They are lucky to have you help with this very nice meme.:)

Country Gal said...

Amazing photos ! I have hundreds of flower photos that I have taken , there are so many pretty flowers out there . I think it is wonderful you have helped keep this meme going for this person and others ! Have a good evening !

Joyful said...

Beautiful flowers. I always love to look at pretty flowers. Sadly, we are pretty much at the end of our growing season until next year, so I have to enjoy them through other people's photos.

SandyCarlson said...

Those frilly ones are really gorgeous! Great post, my friend.

Marie said...

Incredible orange lilies...and one lavender one! Glad you are keeping the meme going! Have a wonderful week!

Daniel LaFrance said...

Terrific series of floral images.

Kathie Brown said...

Denise, what a challenge to take on! The flowers are lovely, though and I wish you well. I know they bring you much joy, as they do others.

Carletta said...

It's been lovely to look back at the lilies!
That first one is lovely and so vibrant!

Kay said...

Wow! They're all so beautiful, Denise. Primal Scream is quite a descriptive name, I must say.

Valerie said...

All lovely, Denise. I particularly like the one submitted (?) by Ed Brown - 2006 - Jeff Salter (?). The flower is so pretty, I love the frilly edges on the petals.

eileeninmd said...

Lovely lilies. I am happy that you are taken over for Luiz during his break. Thanks for hosting. Happy Sunday!

Anni said...

I am really enjoying your flower photos today Denise....around here with the terrible 2 year long drought, flowers are NOT very pretty, nor very abundant!!!

Mama Zen said...

Beautiful shots!

ZielonaMila said...

Beautiful flowers, such colours it is very joy. I am greeting

Abraham Lincoln said...

I have a chipmunk posted today also on my brookvilledailyphotoposts blog.

Sara Chapman in Seattle USA said...

Oh, Denise, these daylilies are so gorgeous! I think I like the last the best, but so hard to choose. Fabulous.

Icy BC said...

Your lilies are so fancy, beautiful, and had such lovely colors!

NatureFootstep said...

thanks for taking over as hostess for Todays Flowers. It is a nice meme.

Thd flowers you share today are all lovely. With great shapes and colors. :)

Jenn Jilks said...

I love your flowers! Mine are sad. It was 8 C. this morning...
Have a grand tea time with your friends!
Cheers from Cottage Country!