Saturday, September 1, 2012

TODAY'S FLOWERS # 210


Today's Flowers was created by our good friend Luiz Santilli, Jr.
You can find beautiful flowers from around the world if you click here.
TF teamPupo - Sandy Carlson - Denise

                                                                    

Dear Friends, there has been a change at Today's Flowers.  Owing to work commitments our good friend Luiz is no longer able to devote the time he once had to the wonderful meme he created. Rather than close it down I volunteered to take a more active role, and along with Sandy and Pupo, will be keeping the meme going.

To me it will always be Luiz' meme.  We haven't said goodbye to him by any means as he will send us his flower photos when he can.  He is also helping me with advice on how best to continue, for which I am very grateful.

All that being said, I am hoping that you, our Today's Friends, will continue to give us the wonderful support that you have in the past. We also welcome any new friends into our Today's Flower's family, and we will do our best to make it as much fun as it always was and is.

For those of you who enjoy participating in a meme, I am also wondering if you would occasionally be willing to share your flowers on our home page, and I am busy collecting names for this purpose. If you are agreeable would you please send me a couple of your favorite flower photos to luvinwildlife@hotmail.com?   I have opened an e-mail account solely for Today's Flowers to prevent any confusion.  Your photos would be added to the list in the order that they are received, and I will let you know the date they are to be shown.  Thank you very much for considering this.

~~~~~

And now for my entry.  When I was in the supermarket last week I treated myself to this basket of flowers.  I had no choice, it jumped right into my basket before I could stop it and begged to go home with me.






I lost a rose petal but once again it gave me the opportunity to study its beauty.  


Have a happy Sunday everyone, and a great week ahead.

29 comments:

  1. I quite understand why it leapt into your basket. I will give sending flower photos to you some thought.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A delightful arrangement Denise!

    While I'm sad Luiz has to take a step back I couldn't be happier that you have taken the active role. I think we are going to be in good hands. :)
    I don't have any photos at the moment but I promise to send some soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is one gorgeous bouquet, Denise.

    I always feel sad when such beautiful creation start to fade. Nice to see it here.

    Thank you for all you do for TF, and please let me know what I can do to be more supportive.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh, those are very pretty blooms. Happy Sunday to you too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a gorgeous basket of flowers..

    ReplyDelete
  6. A veery good choice Denise - such vibrant colours.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a happy and beautiful place to be, Denise. I love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so glad you volunteered to keep the meme going and I absolutely love your contribution. It is DELIGHTFUL. My garden isn't showing flowers at the moment, only foliage, so your pictures are invaluable to keep my spirits up.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my gosh, can flowers be considered 'delicious'? Well, if so....these are the most delicious of all. Absolutely beautiful.

    And, ps....Tom is so handsome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. A lovely choice, I enjoy having cut flowers in my home. Thanks for your support, I do listen to my auntie.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Denise, I am so happy you and the other host are continuing Today's Flowers. Your post is lovely today and your flower bouquet is gorgeous. Happy Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good for you to take on this role. I hope you enjoy the activity. Good for the brain cells. I used to participate in memes but I found it too hard to keep up with everyone so now I just stick to journaling but if I do flowers I'll try to remember you. Boy I wish flowers like that would jump into my trolley.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful flowers from the supermarket. Thank you for your time in helping to continue this wonderful meme.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Denise,

    Lovely bouquet!!

    I am very happy to be back after nearly a year off.
    Thank you for your words encourage me to continue to share in today's flowers.

    Xavi from Barcelona

    ReplyDelete
  15. I hope someone sends me something this pretty for my upcoming b-day this is gorgeous the colors supreme

    ReplyDelete
  16. You know the supermarkets are becoming our flower source of choice. Wonderful varieties at reasonable prices.

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is a really impressive bouquet of gorgeous blooms. Lucky you, Denise!

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a lush and lovely bouquet! And how great that you are helping to fun this lovely meme -- which I enter when I can and always browse.

    ReplyDelete
  19. That was a smart basket to jump into your cart, Denise, because it now had its photo debut here. Great header shot from Celia's garden too.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Those are awesome flowers and some of my favorite flower colors as well.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I have never treated myself to a basket of flowers and you have given me that idea :) I wish though that they'd forever bloom and keep my room cheerful. Good luck with your new endeavor.

    By the way, I would like to get to know you more by reading through your future posts. Would you like us to follow each other?

    ReplyDelete
  22. I am so glad you and others plan to keep the meme going. It's a lovely meme, and though I have never participated, I sure enjoy seeing the posts! The flowers in your photos are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Thank you all very much for stopping in on my TF post :)

    ReplyDelete