Friday, September 7, 2012

CAMERA CRITTERS

I have many favorite visitors to my deck, this is one of them.  I find Chipmunks very comical little characters.  I sat on the carpet for half an hour, on the opposite side of the glass, watching him come and go while he scurried back and forth, filling his cheeks to the max with those peanuts, shell and all.    


By this time he's gotten used to the lady with the black box, but.....


We occasionally have a conversation like this one here where I tried to give him advice on how to be nice to his Mrs.  I think it must have worked because he has a fine looking tail (not chewed up at all).


I think he finally remembered because he gave me a lovely smile and came closer to the glass.


How are you doing little fella?


Errrr........


Hmmmm......I don't think they'll be too happy about that either.


I certainly am but you know what, you've got to stop chewing up the deck?


GREGG, HAVE YOU BEEN CHEWING ON THE DECK AGAIN?


Hey, I think someone is telling porkies!


Sorry Mr. Chipmunk, that's English slang, Cockney actually.  It short for "pork pies", translation  "lies".  Our little squirrel is trying to point the finger elsewhere instead of owning up to the truth.  And there I was looking at Gregg a little strangely for a while.  


That's great, you do that.  See you next time!


I'm proud of you for telling the truth little buddy, and Gregg is too.


Hold on, I have to go to the store.  Be back in half an hour.  
I have to tell you Mr. Chipmunk, the cashier is looking at me real funny these days with all these bags of peanuts I keep putting in my basket.  I told her I was making a lot of peanut butter.  Uh, oh?  I'm telling porkies, aren't I?

~~~~~~~

Thank you Misty for hosting Camera Critters.  I always look forward to it each Saturday.  
To see other fun critters please click here.

38 comments:

  1. Cute Denise.... We have both squirrels and chipmunks here. The squirrels drive me crazy --and I really don't like chipmunks either especially when they dig tunnels in our flower beds... Oh Well--they really are cute little critters. Love your caption.
    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can just imagine the conversations you will have with your grandkids. Kids say the darndest things!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was fun reading your conversation with the chipmunk..you are really funny Denise and the clicks are awesome..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fine photographic story, I am pleased that I can admire such views. I am greeting

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is just so so cute, Denise. I'm amazed at how clear your photos are of these speedy creatures. I'm afraid they still make me cringe though. My daughter had to have their entire concrete walkway redone because of the damage those adorable buggers did with their tunnels.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loved the chipmunk and your conversation with him too. Here we tend to 'chant liar, liar pants on fire'.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Denise, cute post and I loved the fun captions. Your chipper and squirrel are cuties. Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the smile, Denise. As usual the captions are terrific.

    You should hear my conversations with our squirrels, they're accompanied by scary noises that turn out not to be scary at all... at least not to the squirrels. They carry on stealing the bird food regardless of my tone of voice.... grins.

    I wonder how many nuts a chipmunk can hold in his mouth at once?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your post and the captions are so funny! Re. my post with the photos of the squirrels in the park garden - they were so bold they sort of unnerved me when they came right up to me and sat and stared right at me. I think your furry creatures must be quite entertaining viewed from the other side of the window.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I do like your imaginary conversation with your furry visitors, lovely photos to illustrate what is going on. No wild chipmunks in the UK so our nearest are in Newquay Zoo!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Perhaps you have a porkypie chewing your deck...oops I mean porcupine.
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  12. too cute! enjoyed this very much! your narrative is perfect. i don't get to see chippies here. they're adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh Denise, adorable post, you are so creative!Your little friends are very cute!
    :)
    hugs
    Léia

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ha, I'm sure Gregg is glad he's in the clear on the deck-chewing charge!
    Funny dialogue with all those porkies.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Denise, these are just delightful! Thank you so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is so funny Denise and so true to chipmunk behavior I can actually believe that's what he's saying. -- and your pictures are great -- I love this post!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. A very charming post Denise. Did he actually get that whole peanut in his 'north and south'?

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wonderful sequence of shots with story. He is cute.

    ReplyDelete
  19. dearest denise,

    your lovely post made me smile. thank you:)
    love, love, love that furry cutie, i actually do love squirrels.

    your photos are simply gorgeous!

    wishing you a great weekend!

    big hugs
    xx

    p.s. yes, i'm back!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Such cute shots and commentary Denise!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wonderful narrative and adorable shots.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hahaha...love 'their conversation' and your shots :D

    ReplyDelete
  23. Cute series of photos and fun narrative!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Lovely pets.
    They are gorgeous!
    Lucja

    ReplyDelete
  25. What a great way to spend some time! And you got great pictures! Love both the chipmunks and the squirrels...just too cute! And you are sure helping with their pre-winter store!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Such a fun post today. I adore watching chipmunks. I once put out little tiny bowls of water for them and they were so cute drinking!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Love your captions...very fun. Chipmunks are much cuter than squirrels.

    ReplyDelete
  28. What a cute little critter. Nice shots and fun text to go with them.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Such delightful pictures and the captions are hilarious. I should have had peanuts for my monkeys the other day. My landlady said they can he so destructive if they get in your house, emptying the refrigerator, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Ha, ha. Very funny! Never heard of "porkies" before but it makes sense!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Beautiful photo series showing.
    Thank you for visiting my blog.
    Wish you a good Sunday :)
    Hanne Bente

    ReplyDelete
  32. Such captivating creatures these are and what a blessing to have them on your "doorstep"! Thanks for sharing Denise.

    ReplyDelete