Saturday, September 22, 2012

CAMERA CRITTERS

Last weekend I was able to go to the Norfolk Zoo.  One of the animals I was enamored with was the Red Panda.  They were very active climbing the trees when we happened by and put on quite a show.
 The following came from their website which you can check out here.

"Red Panda's resemble raccoons and are about 42 inches long with a long, bushy tail.  Their soft, dense fur covers their entire body, including the soles of their feet.
 Red Pandas use their long, bushy tails to help them balance when they are in the trees.  They also cover themselves with their tails to keep warm in the winter.  
 They live in the cool temperate bamboo forests in Sichuan and Yunnan Provinces in China, the Himalayas and in Myanmar.  They share part of their range with the giant pandas.



 Red Pandas eat bamboo leaves, berries, blossoms and bird eggs.  



 They are also endangered due to habitat loss.  There are fewer than 2,500 adult Red Pandas in the wild.

~~~~~~~

Thank you Misty for hosting Camera Critters.  I always look forward to it each Saturday.  
To see other fun critters please click here.

28 comments:

  1. They almost have a teddy face.I love to see them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw red pandas at Ueno Zoo in Tokyo in 2008. They are very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My brother volunteers at our local zoo and has been able to hold red pandas - including babies. I am so jealous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I never heard of red pandas before. Lovely pictures, thanks for sharing them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. They are so darn cute. In fact look like they have part fox or something in them. :)
    Cher Sunray Gardens

    ReplyDelete
  6. they are really cute. pretty red fur, too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice photos ! He has a cute face love his little fuzzy ears lol ! Have a good day !

    ReplyDelete
  8. They are cute critters, adorable faces. Great photos, Denise!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a pretty little critter, but I bet he isn't so friendly one on one.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The first time I saw red pandas was not long ago in a zoo in France, they're really cute critters, aren't they?
    God bless you!
    Cezar

    ReplyDelete
  11. He's beautiful !
    Love his red coat, reminds me of Prince Harry :)
    Always up to something :)
    We have them at the Nashville Zoo, and are considered fortunate to have a mating pair...
    Love the shots of yours.
    ~Jo

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a cool looking critter. He does look like a raccoon, except for the red coat. Interesting to learn about them.

    ReplyDelete
  13. So cute. I've only seen them at our zoo in Los Angeles.

    ReplyDelete
  14. They are so cute and the pics are very nice..thanks for sharing..

    ReplyDelete
  15. Cute little things, aren't they. I've seen one in the Auckland zoo, a young lady was hand feeding one and I remember the huge gloves she was wearing. Guess they have sharp teeth! Lovely photos!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks you friends! :) Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Nice shots. They're awesome to watch.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I've never seen a red panda. They are so cute. I never even knew they existed. Thanks for sharing these wonderful photos.

    My Camera Critters is at:

    http://rnsane.blogspot.in/2012/09/camera-critters-233-goats-in-bhankrota.html

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wonderful shots. He is very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  20. The red pandas look so cute! You took nice shots from them!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Denise: Beautiful captures of this unusual animal. You got some fun captures of the red pandas.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Lovely red pandas!


    Visiting from a little late from camera critters.
    Our Furr Babies
    Have a blessed Sunday.
    Rose

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love the Red Pandas! We just got them at our Zoo for a visit this summer. Your captures are wonderful - I still need to process mine.

    ReplyDelete
  24. That is one beautiful animal. New to me, thanks to you. Great stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oh my gosh they are so cute!! I wondered as soon as I saw your header shot what and where that animal was! Thank you for the information --this is one of the best things zoos do is save endangered species.

    ReplyDelete
  26. I always enjoy reading your comments. Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Fantastic photos of a really fabulous animal. We saw at the Mountain Zoo in North Wales this summer.

    ReplyDelete