Sunday, August 26, 2012

TODAY'S FLOWERS

After a short delay I am very happy to say that TODAY'S FLOWERS has now resumed its posts.  If you would like to join in please go here.  We would be honored if you would share your favorite blooms.  

Luiz has been very busy and his work commitments prevent him from devoting the time he once had to running his meme.  Though I could never take his place I have now stepped into his shoes, and hope that I will do justice to what will always be Luiz' TODAY'S FLOWERS. 

We are still collecting names for our Guest Friend spot on the home page, and if you would like to send us your favorite flowers, please send them to me at luvinwildlife@hotmail.com.  I have opened a new e-mail account just for this meme to prevent any confusion.  Your flowers will be added in the order that they are received and I will be sure to let you know when they will be posted.  Thank you very much!

~~~~~


My entry this week is of wildflowers. This will be my last post from Walney Pond, until our next visit whenever that may be.













Today's Flowers was created by our good friend Luiz Santilli.
You can find beautiful flowers from around the world if you click here.

28 comments:

Indrani said...

Love the selected focus you have done in these.

The Elephant's Child said...

These are a beautiful selection, and I adore the water lilies. Thank you.

Cezar and Léia said...

Been a while since I last visited blogs and those are nice images to start up again! :)
God bless you!
Cezar

Valerie said...

Super pictures, Denise, and quite an assortment of flowers. I especially like the last one.

jabblog said...

Beautiful sequence, Denise. Wild flowers are so pretty and often overlooked.

Maa said...

You do take some beautiful photos Denise. It's been a while since I popped in and I must say I did like the pic of you, even if you didn't smile. Cheers Sue

Sunray Gardens said...

Pretty photos Denise. I especially like the last one.

Cher Sunray Gardens

eileeninmd said...

Beautiful collection of flowers, Denise. I really love the cardinal flowers, they are pretty. Happy Sunday!

TexWisGirl said...

i like the little 'hair-like' things on the 2nd one. all beautiful.

Misty DawnS said...

Very nice. I like the lily pad. Boy are they thick in that one photo!

Mama Zen said...

Gorgeous shots!

Carletta said...

I don't know but a couple of these and the rest look so dainty. :)
Walney Pond looks like a wonderful place to visit.
I like the shot of all the water lilies - so lush looking.

I didn't see an updated linky so I posted to last weeks. :)

Kay said...

Often times, we are drawn right away to the big, showy flowers, but you're showing us what beauty there is in the tinier masterpieces of Nature there are.

Gail said...

All are very beautiful.

KaHolly said...

They are all so pretty, they make me sigh with pleasure.

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

Gorgeous wildflowers! (They're sometimes more beautiful than ones people plant and labor over!)

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Recognized quite a few of these wildflowers, Denise, but can't recall the names of all. The one shown in the third photo is horse dead nettle and it has tiny thorns and is very invasive if replanted, as I know from personal experiences.

Deb from WhatsInMyAttic said...

Some really nice macro here! I enjoyed this post.

diane b said...

Great shots of the delicate wild flowers. So pretty.

Lui said...

Hi Denise!
TodaysFlowers is back?
I got busy and have less time to update blogs until now.

ZielonaMila said...

Beautiful flowers which the view is giving much to joy. I am greeting

i beati said...

Something so genuine about wildflowers which pop up for our delight anytime anywhere

Relindis said...

How lovely to see so many varieties of wild flowers growing near the pond!

Carver said...

The wildflowers are lovely. I like the different ones you spotted.

DeniseinVA said...

Thank you my friends, it's been lovely reading your comments and visiting your blogs.

dearestnelly said...

Hi Denise, thanks for the visit and the lovely comments on my photos. I am also loving the wildflowers you posted, looks like we're on the same wave. :D The red ones are so beautiful.

Prem

Luna Miranda said...

hi Denise, thanks for taking over while Luiz is busy. i enjoyed the wildflowers you posted, especially the red ones. they're gorgeous!

have a great weekend!

Sussie B said...

Lovely and beautiful flowers.


http://pyssligasussie.blogspot.se