Friday, August 31, 2012

My favorite coffee shop.....

has several of their favorite beverage how-to's online.  Recipes offered are Frappuccino and Chai Tea, and also on the pastry side, scones and coffeecakes.  Alas not our favorite Lemon Pound Cake but maybe just as well.  You can find them if you click here.

(this is an animation I found online)

I had a nice surprise yesterday as there was a rat-a-tat-tat on the door around noon.  It was son dropping by for a visit.  I had misplaced my phone and did not get his message to tell me he was heading on over, but I'm glad because it was such a lovely surprise.  As I was doing a good impression of Mother Hubbard's Cupboard, I suggested lunch at a favorite place Gregg and I go to when we feel like having dinner out, Bangkok City Thai Restaurant in Centreville.  It has become our favorite place for Thai food.  The staff in there are nice and friendly and the food is great.  You can see their home page here.

Brad helped me out by taking me over to the supermarket on our way back where I replenished pantry supplies.  He also moved the sofa away from the wall when I asked him, so that I could do some vacuuming after he had left, and changed a couple of light bulbs that popped recently.  Nice to have a tall son who doesn't need a stepladder to reach the ceiling fixtures!   Gregg's honeydew list got a little shorter today.

15 comments:

Rose ~ from Oz said...

No lemon pound cake?! Oh no.
Sometimes it's good to miss a text and get a surprise instead! Gregg!

Relindis said...

Sometimes surprises are nice especially a visit from a loved one. Glad you enjoyed your outings.

Valerie said...

A surprise visit is good especially if it involves some Thai food.

Heehee I liked the way you described your empty cupboard. You have a lovely turn of phrase, Denise.

Ranita Sinha said...

Such a wonderful surprise that was Denise..and liked your motion picture of coffee too..

gigihawaii said...

I depend on David's 6'1" height a lot because I am only 5'1".

I love Thai food, also. Funny that I really didn't appreciate it when I lived in Thailand back in 1969.

ZielonaMila said...

I love the morning cup of the coffee, I love the espresso. I am greeting

Sunray Gardens said...

That made for a nice pleasant day.

Cher Sunray Gardens

Jane and Chris said...

I do like the pouring coffee! Very clever.
Jane x

TexWisGirl said...

a sweet surprise. :)

grammie g said...

Hi Denise...Thought I was seeing things for a minute lol!
Good for Gregg,I'm sure he liked a shorter list, but I bet there are a lot more you could add ; }
Cute post
Grace

eileeninmd said...

Denise, sounds like a nice time spent with your son. I am sure Gregg will be happy about the shorter honey-do list. Have a great weekend!

Betsy Adams said...

What a nice surprise... I wish one of my sons lived close enough to stop by for a visit sometime... Sigh!!!!! Sounds like you had a great time...

I love my coffee too.... YUM...

Have a great weekend.
Hugs,
Betsy

Deb from WhatsInMyAttic said...

Well, first, I must say I love the coffee pouring into the cup! I watched for a while before I could continue reading! ha! I'm easily entertained. ;-)

Nothing like coffee for two!

Marie said...

How did you get the coffee to pour!? :-) And, we adore Thai food. We had a favorite place in Panama City, FL.

DeniseinVA said...

Thank you everyone. I have been enjoying visiting all your blogs in return.