Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Just for a change of pace.....

I came across this on StumbleUpon this morning and thought it was nicely done. A memory: as a child coming home from our holidays in Devon back to the Midlands, and on sighting the Tipton steam towers in the distance (just like the ones in the first segment), we knew our holiday was over. Dad would actually say, "Well, there's the Tipton steam towers, holiday over with!" There followed without fail a big grown in the car from my mum, my sister and me, and yet it was always good to get home. A mixture of emotions just like on issues such as this. I know it's never as simple as it sounds, and there are pro's and con's, but I hope you find the video interesting. I have to say I thought it was a little bit sad to see the behemoths fall, as they were so much a part of my childhood. But as Stewart so wisely said in his comment, we have to look to the future.