Saturday, August 18, 2012

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BRAD!

It's our son's birthday today.  Gregg and I went out for a coffee/iced tea last night and talked about the day he came into this world, at Long Beach Naval Hospital, California at 10.22 p.m. Where did those 33 years go?  He has been a joy to us his whole life and has grown into a real fine young man whom we are very proud of.

This photo was taken in the Malvern Hills in Worcestershire in 1984, when he was four years old.  My sister and her husband used to live in a village near  the city of Worcester and not that far from Stratford-on-Avon.


This photo was during the same holiday and we were in their back garden.  In the photo above he was holding an Imperial Guard.  The Stormtrooper mask we made out of a piece of white cardboard that my sister found.  He may not have seen any of the Star Wars movies but he loved those action figures.

(Found this photo online and could not resist)

Brad with his Dad, Virginia Beach, Virginia, early 1980's

And with me at Norfolk Airport, also in Virginia mid 1980's.

At Reston Town Center today, Brad, Lisa and Gregg.  We joined our son and daughter-in-law for a birthday brunch before he had to go home and get ready for work.  No day off for the birthday boy.

And now one with me.

"Sometimes I need only to stand wherever I am to be blessed."
~Mary Oliver~


And I thought son would appreciate these (found online).  He's a big Star Trek fan now.



It's thanks to Lisa and Brad that I can join Camera Critters this week.  They went to the National Zoo yesterday and took these photos.   They are from the aquarium and the reptile house, along with a few other critters - even a big old spider so be warned if you want to go any further.  All photos were taken with a cell phone.













Thank you Misty for hosting Camera Critters.  How I love this meme!
To see other fun critters please click here.


35 comments:

  1. happy birthday to your son!

    i like that pretty snake!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely photos ! Happy Birthday to your son ! Have a great day !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bless your family!



    Aloha from Honolulu
    Comfort Spiral
    =^..^=
    > < } } ( ° >

    ReplyDelete
  4. And a happy birthday to the young man

    ReplyDelete
  5. Children make such a profound imprint on our hearts.

    Great critter collection!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday Brad.
    Thank you for sharing the beautiful memories of his growing up

    Helen xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy birthday to your son! Thanks for sharing the precious photos of growing up. Birthdays are lovely occasions to celebrate. It's my husband's today (18th). God bless families.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Brad has turned out so well because he has super parents. That spider sure has hairy legs. Happy Birthday Brad.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hope you've had a wonderful day with your special boy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hope your son had a lovely birthday. And I'm sure he has equally happy memories of his growing up. (Those hairy spiders really do give me the creeps!)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Glad you could have a bit of a birthday celebration with your son! Both of my children were born in Long Beach! That is where I went to school and got married, too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy birthday Brad, and a big thank you to Brad and Lisa for the amazing camera critters.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy Birthday, Brad.

    Denise, the other pictures are amazing, I love them all... and especially the snake. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy Birthday, Brad! Great collection of critters, Denise. Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Denise convey my wishes to the Birthday Boy..the childhood photographs are so adorable..and the one with you is just awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. happy birthday brad!!

    awesome family photo's and critters today!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Happy birthday to your son! The pictures you shared are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Happy Birthday, Brad. What cute photos of you and your family, Denise! I also enjoyed the camera critters, though I abhor spiders!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I LOVE that first photo. Very sweet.

    Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  20. Happy birthday to your son... love the animal captures. Very cool! :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thanks for stopping by my blog...Happy Birthday to your son!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Happy birthday to your son, Denise! Love those photos. Hopping by from Camera Critters.

    Butterfly
    Your comment is always a treat for me!
    Have a blessed weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Alles GUTE zum Wiegenfest für Dein Kind..:D

    wunderbare Bilder DANKE sagt das katerchen

    ReplyDelete
  24. Happy Birthday to Brad!
    Gee Denise, it's too bad we weren't blogging in the mid 80's.
    We were just across the line from Virginia Beach in Chesapeake. My Chris will be 33 this coming February. Wouldn't that have been cool!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Happy birthday to your son. What great pics! I love that first one of him.

    ReplyDelete
  26. I hope your son has a very Happy Birthday! Great sequence of shots.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Happy birthday to your son :-) Hope he has a wonderful birthday :-) beautiful pictures too :-) Returning from Camera Critters :-)

    ReplyDelete
  28. Happy day, wonderful post, I bet that brought back a few memories lol.

    ReplyDelete
  29. i think that's what we might call an eclectic mix of critters Denise. Love the snake picture.

    ReplyDelete
  30. what a great collection of shots they got!!

    Happy Birthday to your son
    sweet family photos
    time flys doesn't it
    my son will be 40 next May

    ReplyDelete
  31. Happy birthday to Brad! I had to laugh at the startrooper mask. My sons, a few years older than Brad, just loved all things Star Wars. And my 6 year old grandson just had a Star Wars themed birthday party. Some things just seem to defy time!

    ReplyDelete
  32. I love all of the photos but especially your son when small and now. My baby (son) will be 35 in November --where did the years go for us?

    ReplyDelete
  33. Happy b-l birthday to your handsome young son -- he's also a good photographer. Its hard sometimes to believe our kids can be so grown-up isn't it, when we're so young ourselves! (We have grandkids in their late 20s early 30s now, so I should be used to it!)

    ReplyDelete
  34. Thank you all for wishing Brad a Happy Birthday. He enjoyed reading your lovely greetings and said what a lot of nice people you were. And of course I agreed.

    ReplyDelete