Wednesday, August 15, 2012

A few bird photographs

At Anni's invitation (thanks Annie), I am adding this post to I'D-Rather-B-Birdin' meme.  You can see other entries here.


Hello there, I am up and running, computer problems have been put to rest and I am happy to be back on line.  Thank you for the comforting and encouraging comments while I was in no-man's land.  They helped a lot and I hope to catch up with you over the next few days.

I was taking a few photos the other day.  I'm starting off with the Red-bellied Woodpecker.  


I only got a very quick look at this pair.  They looked like Northern Flickers.  I was surprised as I have not seen any in about a year.  The photos aren't that great but I am happy for what I could get.

Here's the Tufted Titmouse.  I just love these little birds....

as I do the Cardinal, but truth is I love them all.

This one turned up a few days later.  I wondered if he was a young one still growing into his feathers but another thought, maybe he was molting.

The American Robins have been here in abundance.  We have had a lot of rain lately and I think they know the worms are burrowing topside in full force.

Here's my Crow again.  I know they are not everyone's favorite but I do enjoy them.  Not too long after I took this photo, his four brothers and sisters turned up.

Nothing to do with birds but I found a really neat time-lapse video of the earth taken from space.  You can see it here.