Monday, July 16, 2012

The Squirrel and The Chipmunk

In my back garden you have to be fast....

because Mr. Squirrel is saying, "Ah nuts, he beat me again!"


But he needn't worry, there are plenty more where those came from.

Mr. Squirrel really should be more patient and nice, but his instincts always drive him into chasing away the other squirrels - and the chipmunks - from the peanuts I throw out every day. There is enough for everybody.  Mr. Chipmunk is thankfully faster than he, and always escapes with his cheeks stuffed full of peanuts and not with a nipped tail.


"Beware the fury of a patient squirrel man."
~John Dryden~

or he might better learn....

"Adopt the pace of nature, her secret is patience."
~Ralph Waldo Emerson~

I have used the last one before but it's such a good quote.

He really does need that patience doesn't he?  When will he ever learn?

And the fun begins again tomorrow.

23 comments:

  1. my back is tweaked again. Patience makes it an inconvenience instead of disaster drama.

    LOVE your animal plays, D.



    Wishing YOU a sweet week
    with Aloha, from Honolulu
    Comfort Spiral
    <(-'.'-)>

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute post, Denise.... Between the squirrels and chipmunks, our poor birds have to work hard to get a chance.... ha ha... The chipmunks don't bother us much since they just clean the deck floor!!!! Squirrels are a pest constantly...

    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am following Betsy, this is a second blog.I would like a goodpeanut supplier.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Friend or foe, they are endearing.

    Love your captures!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is so cute. I just love those stuffed cheeks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are a generous host Denise. Chippies and squirrels are such entertaining visitors, I sorely miss them here in Australia.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute post, Denise. The squirrels and chippers have it made. Hope you have a great day, stay cool!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely. I wish I could explain to our squirrels that there's enough to go round...lol. Mine are even eating the baffle that is supposed to keep them off the bird feeders!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have patience to sit and wait for a good shot. I love the chipmok's litle hands clasping the big nut.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Real interesting post, fine shots and words here my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the pics and the words that you put with it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Dear Denise, I'm envious here, they are beautiful visitors, adorable critters!Lucky you!
    Léia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I don't know if Mr. Chipmunk could fit anymore in his cheeks!

    ReplyDelete
  14. The birds are the ones who enjoy any peanuts here as I have never seen a chipmunk and the squirrels we have don't seem to come around the yard very much, which is not a bad thing.

    ReplyDelete
  15. The Chipmunks are so much prettier than the squirrels and of course I am sure you know that we do not have them here.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ah, cute antics of these little critters. Great shots too!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Aren't chipmunks just about the cutest creatures on the planet... chubby cheeks and all. And squirrels (the red included) are no slouch either.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Aren't they just the greediest little critters! They want it all for themself and not have to share!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thank you all for stopping by to comment here. I have enjoyed my return visit to your blogs. It's been lovely to sit down and enjoy them.

    ReplyDelete