Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Rambles.....

This is a photo Gregg took when we were on our trip up to the Shenandoah's last Saturday.

I had a lovely time last week.  Road trips with Gregg and meeting up with family and friends.

Son and daughter-in-law spent Friday, Saturday and Sunday in Philadelphia - more on that later.  We are having dinner with them this week and are looking forward to hearing all about it.   We've already had a chat with son and it sounds like they had a great time, and of course we're looking forward to more details.

Yesterday I went to the Leesburg Outlet with friends.  There are a 110 stores and we only went into three but by the time we looked around those, time was getting on.  We had lunch first, did our shopping and ended up going over to one of the friend's homes.  I don't do serious shopping normally and will only go when I am absolutely desperate to replace something.  In fact I've said before how very much I dislike shopping.  I'd much rather get out, go on a good walk in the fresh air and see the sights in the city, or the country, with camera in hand (have to say I am a country girl at heart though and that is where I would point the compass most of the time, but Gregg loves the city too and so we compromise).

Getting back to yesterday it was a whole lot of fun.  Yes for the people I was with but also maybe because I bought four pairs of shoes (I was badly in need of one pair and was silently amazed that I came out with four).  I also bought a couple of night gowns after seeing a hole starting in one of my old ones that morning, and the others looking like they needed to be replaced truth be told, a shirt for Gregg (he would have got others but I just knew he wouldn't have liked the other colors) and the cashier popped in a free packet of ladies socks.  If you bought a second item you got that one half-price. I couldn't pass up a good deal like that could I?  I was out of the house from 9.30 a.m. until 6.00 p.m.  Gregg was already home by the time I got back and chuckled as I walked in with a large bag in each hand.  He doesn't see that too often.  Well, it will probably be another year before I go on that kind of shopping trip again, so I guess I made the most of it.  

It won't be long before Gregg's brother Gary drives up here as the two of them are going to a baseball game in Baltimore.  The team is called the Baltimore Orioles (for those of you who are not familiar with them you can click on the link).  No I am not a baseball fan either so it makes me very happy when Gregg and his brother can not only get together, but when they can get to see a baseball game, well that's pretty special.  

Here's an old family photo of the two of them together.


Brothers in baseball since way back.  Gary is on the left, Gregg is on the right.  

17 comments:

  1. AAWWW, don't they look a couple of cuties!
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful photograph, fantastic trip. I am greeting

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous photo of the shining water with blossoms hanging over! And just look at those baseball uniforms...brings back memories of days gone by.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gregg seems to be a baseball fan from way back. How fun for him to see a big game with his brother.
    Beautiful photo from your trip, Denise.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that picture of Greg and his brother- they look so cute !
    Thank you for stopping by to wish me a happy 50th -I had a lovely time in Barcelona celebrating-the shops there were fantastic-glad I had a flexible friend with me !!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic photos . Love your header photo to . Sounds like you had a good trip . Have a good day !

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great shot of the 2 little boys - along with your fab day.

    ReplyDelete
  8. great family times & pic!


    Aloha from Waikiki, Pal :-)
    Comfort Spiral
    > < } } ( ° >

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great photo of the brothers. :) Yes, it's good when they can enjoy an outing together.

    We shop seriously about every 20 weeks. We get what we need, then don't worry about it again for another 20 weeks. That's our travel schedule so we have the shopping nicely packed into a short period of time.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Adorable shot of the two brothers in their baseball uniforms! I'm glad you had some great outings and got to see family and friends. I know Gregg will really enjoy being with his brother again. Hope their team wins!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Denise, it does sound like a great day shopping and lunch with your friends. I love the shot of Greg and his brother, very cute in their baseball uniforms. I hope the Orioles win..

    ReplyDelete
  12. For someone who doesn't like shopping you did quite well.Nice to hear that you are enjoying life.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely post, Denise. I am glad you got what you wanted, because I, too, hate to shop. In fact, David does all of the grocery shopping -- Costco, Sack n Save, Kmart, and Target. I make out the lists which he takes with him.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Denise I too think you did amazingly well if you rarely shop. Oh dear, even though it's exhausting, I do enjoy a jolly good shop! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely photos...sounds like a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm with you on the shopping. I love the photo of Gregg and his brother - very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I think it's always so special when siblings get together. I know Gregg will have a terrific time with his baby brother. Nothing like baseball to bring brothers close together.

    ReplyDelete