Monday, June 11, 2012

Off line for a while....


Hi Everyone, I have been off-line for a few days.  The cable guy is coming tomorrow.  Good thing is that McDonald's has free wi-fi and as Gregg had to get on line to conduct some business, I tagged along and not only answered my sadly neglected e-mails but also am able to post this today and to let you know why you have not heard from me.  I have not been able to pay you a visit of late but thanks for not deserting me, it means a lot.

Gregg had a great time with his brother at the ball game on Saturday.   The Orioles won in 12 innings.  In the meantime a friend of mine wanted to see the new Snow White movie and asked if I would like to go.   Well, it was a far cry from Disney's Snow White and not at all what we expected, and to see one of my favorite actors - Ian McShane - as one of the seven dwarfs, that was a bit of a shock.  But hey, it's Ian McShane, whatever he does is wonderful and the other seven dwarfs, some faces of which I recognized, did a super job too.

Gregg has finished with business so we're ready to leave our wi-fi haven at McDonalds.   Good to know they're here when we need them.

15 comments:

Betsy from Tennessee said...

Hi Denise, I know how frustrating that is to be without internet... We have a back-up --when that happens to us. We have a Verizon Mi-fi which we travel with ... SO--when our Comcast goes down, we do have a nice backup... Thank Goodness.

Hope you are back online soon.
Hugs,
Betsy

Mumsy¸.¤ª“˜¨ said...

Oh you're truly a blogger, Denise :-), blogging in McDonald..

Beautiful photo too!

TexWisGirl said...

whatever works, sometimes. hope your home system is back soon.

i like that papery white butterfly on the bloom. :)

eileeninmd said...

Denise, it is cool that McDonalds has WiFi. I hope everything is back to normal soon.

Sunray Gardens said...

This whole internet thing is getting crazy though. Can't go anywhere hardly without it and we all know how bad cell phone usage is. :)

Cher Sunray Gardens

Lois Evensen said...

Glad to know you got on line. It is very frustrating, isn't it, to not have a connection. don't worry about not getting around. We understand these things. In fact, I have the same problem when we are at sea. I can only visit other blogs when we are in US ports and I have enough band width.

i beati said...

beautiful scene above

Valerie said...

Isn't it amazing how reliant we are on the internet... equally how amazing that we meet so many lovely people. Hope all goes smoothly for you, Denise.

Cezar and Léia said...

Hi Denise,
Thanks for updating the news and I hope the internet guy can fix the connection soon!
hugs
Léia

diane b said...

A bloggers nightmare...no internet connection. Hope its fixed soon. Glad Mc Donalds are good for something. We use coffee shops sometimes.

ShySongbird said...

Our router died recently and we managed to get to the shop for a new one minutes before closing time! It was horrible with no Internet connection even though only for a short time.

Lovely butterfly photo Denise and I also loved the deer on the previous post.

Janie said...

We get so used to being connected, it's really hard when the internet connection fails. I feel lost when I can't look up whatever I want on a moment's notice!
Hope you're back in business soon.

Linda said...

I hope your computer is back up and running real soon. Beautiful photo, Denise!

ZielonaMila said...

Beautiful photographs. I am greeting

Denise said...

To all of you, a big thank you for the sympathy. I'm happy to be back on line again.